Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody give Crawford a shot at Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Floyd was 39 and fighting today's crawford coming off his berto fight, I would pick him to win.

In the 3 years since Berto, we have only seen floyd vs mcgreggor which is a bad gauge. He looked sloppy and his timing was off. He fought a different strategy than he would with an elite boxer, took a lot of risks ect to get fans the stoppage. Floyd has declined a lot since the Berto fight and its hard to tell just how bad. If he wanted to continue to box at the top level, he would have / should have continued fighting after the Berto fight and not take 2 years off.

I only expect him to come back vs some stiffs and for pacquaio. I really dont want to see that either because I think and most people think he loses to the top level guys (crawford/spence), so whats the point in watching him in exhibitions against shot pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Please point me to the fight that tells you that Crawford can beat Mayweather? Was it the Jeff Horn fight? Was it the Dierry Jean, Hank Lundy or John Molina fight? Was it the Gamboa fight? Was it the postal fight?

Who has Crawford beating that's even pound-for-pound? You're making a bunch of assumptions with no real proven fight history for Crawford

lmao, please point us to the fight that tells us what 42 year old mayweather looks like against todays elite wealterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Floyd is 41 going on 42...
        Hopkins fought another 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharoah View Post
          Hypothetically, if Floyd came out of retirement right now, I'd give Crawford no more than 3-4 rounds
          That's not intelligent. There are still some naysayers when it comes to TC, not only you. But I can tell u this kid is special and it's only a matter of time until its proven without doubt. I think that is where opinions differ, some see it, some don't.

Floyd would have had problems in his prime against TC. I've got no doubt about that, he had problems with inferior fighters to Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
            no, floyd wins. until crawford beat a top level guy, im just not convince yet. yall comparing these young guys to proven fighters! we've all seen guys looks unstoppable but soon as they finally step up in comp, they look normal cough GGG.
            Gamboa had him looking shaky, good forbid if he fought a prime corrales... levels

Comment

TC would destroy Mayweather and his defence to score the first knockout of Floyds career.
              Why do you think he doesn't mention fighting TC or Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                Hopkins fought another 10 years.

Great for Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Pharoah View Post
                  Hypothetically, if Floyd came out of retirement right now, I'd give Crawford no more than 3-4 rounds
                  Crawford would easily beat this 40+ version of Floyd. A prime Floyd would likely UD Crawford though

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Crawford would easily beat this 40+ version of Floyd. A prime Floyd would likely UD Crawford though
                    Well umm yeah there's no question a prime Floyd easily UDs Crawford, lol.

Crawford's best win of his career was a Gamboa fight that took place 4 years ago -- a Gamboa who later got stopped by a 12 loss fighter. We're talking about a prime Floyd Mayweather Jr. here.

Crawford hasn't shared the ring with a single A level fighter in his 33 fight career, let alone the most prolific boxer of an entire generation like Floyd.

A prime Floyd probably wins every second of every single round with today's Terence Crawford.

Comment

Crawford defeats him hands down if Money May is clean and the two of them agree to VADA testing. Then I have no doubt that Bud Crawford will become victorious; Probably by stoppage.

I'm becoming a little cynical when it comes to Money Mayweather. How is it even possible for a man over the age of 35 continue to dominate and defeat men that are at least 10-13 years his junior?

Something just doesn't add up here. I am not accusing or insinuating anything but it does seem a bit bizarre to me. We all get old sometimes.

In addition, it's not like he has the cleanest or healthiest of life styles either. He is single, a nocturnal individual, who loves junk food, is oversexed and surrounds himself with lots of women. That kind of lifestyle typically ages a man as he gets older but for some reason not Money Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X