Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lampley on HBO's Exit: I Probably Would Have Made Same Call

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the only reason I had HBO was to watch boxing. Now that they going away from boxing means Imma go away from HBO.
    The $13 I was paying for HBO imma end up giving it to that punk ass coward Eddie Hearn and DAZN.
    Unless Golden Boy promotions end up going to a new channel that I don't have....
    If that happens then I'll give my money to Oscar instead of punk ass Hearn....

Comment

Just hasn't been the same without Merchant. Plus the fights have sucked since his departure anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        this. I think the Babar the Elephant reruns they used to show at 6 AM were doing the same numbers as GGG vs random cans
        Then those same Babar reruns are doing double what showtimes best fights get in ratings lol. Maybe showtime should stop wasting their money also?

Comment

Credit for not recognising WBA regular title as a legit title anymore!
          Inoue is the truth, but he is not yet champ at 118.

Comment

I understand that big brands are stepping away from boxing. With all the robberies happening all over the place. I'm not talking about GGG vs. Canelo, thought it was fine. But there's just generally too much weird stuff happening in boxing all over the place.

I'm gonna miss Lampley, definitely thought of him, as the voice of boxing. And always thought he did well in the broadcasts.

Comment

ATG cuuckhold IMO respect Jim

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                They chosed to focus their budget and energy to the general consumer instead.
                If it means them getting back to the days when they had 3 hit shows airing at the same time (Deadwood, Sopranos, Wire) I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  What an absolutely selfish windbag this guy is. He showed to the very end that he only cares about his generation of broadcasters careers & now that hes too old,he has no problem with Hbo stepping away from a sport he supposedly loves & yet boxing will likely never again reach the same heights without Hbo. But old Lampley has been 1 of the main reasons for Hbo's downfall,instead of them promoting their biggest boxing stars like Canelo/Mayweather who are also the most proven,highest ratings bringers; they instead let Lampley the good old boy run his own bias sht show,where hypejobs were worshipped for can crushing abilities & they would time & time again allow hypejobs like ggg to cherrypick on their Network which brought shtty ratings.
                  Wtf are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Everyone that has met Lampley in person says that hes an *******.
                    I met him after a show at MSG in 2001. Not the warmest guy but he did take a picture with my friends and me.

Comment

RIP HBO, you will be remembered for ever by boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X