Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather live in the 1950s or 2050s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1950's, just on a musical level alone.

Since the 90's modern music has gone down the toilet for me. I'm an OG and grew up on Jazz, Soul, Funk, and what we now call "classic" Rock. People played instruments back then, singers weren't all that supermodel gorgeous but could actually sing, and songs didn't have a mere 2 week shelf life on the charts.

I don't like 808s, autotune vocals, wimpy Alternative music that's supposed to be Rock, and spitting rhymes to the beat (to me) is an overrated art form.

If I was in the 50's and lived thru to at least the 80's, I could have seen Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, Hendrix, the original Santana lineup, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Led Zeppelin, Parliament-Funkadelic .....

Oh wait, I did see Zeppelin & P-Funk live. ........ dayum I'm old.

Comment

2050s = lower standard of living, less nutritional food, poor air quality, less meaningful relationships, me too *1000, no affordable housing.

But then again i'm black soooo...tough choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Well you can make the case that ignorance was bliss. It wasn't any safer or anything lke that in the 50's compared to today, but most people only knew what was going on within a 10-15 mile radius of them. So Mary and Bob, living in the suburbs didn't really know what was going on in the urban areas. So in that regard it was a more blissful period for many people.

As for which period I would like to see. 2050 hands down. I have no desire to live in an era where radio and news papers were your main source of information. No interstate system. No home computers or internet. Jesus the list goes on and on. Hell I'm old enough to remember TV's being black and white, rotary phones, leaded gas, and again the list goes on and on. I have no desire to go back to the late 70's/early 80's, much less the 50's.
        I don't think there are any less blissful people in the world today than in the 50's. People view it romantically from what they saw from the movies and tv.

And i'm pretty sure there were newspapers back then.

Comment

if i could be 21 in the year 2050 then obviously im going for that. otherwise theres a great chance il be ashes in a box

Comment

Working...
          X