Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the point in USADA when they pretty much never catch anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    They were supposed to test all PBC fighters, they announced it. Then Molina fails the commission piss test, and USADA denies they ever tested him:

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ot-test-molina

despite this earlier info lol

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article19274.html
    USADA didn't announce they'd be testing all PBC fighters. Rather, it was PBC that announced that.

Comment

To make sure that one doesn't fail the State commission tests, which are the only tests that matter. Even with OST, people within the commission are ultimately the arbitrator of who is getting suspended. They don't have to listen to a damn thing VADA or USADA say; while VADA and USADA don't have to report their findings. At least it seems like they can make up when, how, and who they report that info to. Morales and Peterson are real life examples of both scenarios.

This has been my working theory on all of this following the numerous cases throughout the years. Ironically, it was Berto's case that first got me thinking down this path. He tested positive by VADA, but had his suspension overturned by the CSAC.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...sed-california

He appealed the suspension by claiming 1) a tainted supplement and 2) that the test was not administered correctly. He won the case and was issued a license a couple months after the Ortiz fight was canceled.

I'm going off memory right now, but I remember thinking that some of the wording implied that because he never tested positive on a test given by a CSAC official, the VADA result didn't matter. While his public reputation might have been damaged, he was vindicated by the State and given his license back.

That was a crazy precedent to me. I looked at that story and was like **** maybe OST is nothing more than a buffer - a method to beat commission tests. And, in some cases, it serves as an insurance policy taken out on yourself in the event that you test positive on a State test. You can either point to it as evidence that you're clean or tear its methodology apart like the 'chain of custody' argument that MLB player Bruan used to get re-instated. Berto's case was not similar to Floyd but they disregarded the test entirely

The allowable T/E in NV was 6:1 for many years. USADA CIR allowed 4:1 - if you can pass USADA you have nothing to worry about with the State. You might even have guys within the commission that will issue retroactive TUE's if things look too fishy. Crappy news,
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 09-11-2015, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        USADA didn't announce they'd be testing all PBC fighters. Rather, it was PBC that announced that.
        Ok so the PBC were lying. Both fighthype and Molina sure thought he was getting tested by USADA, he said it had already started.

Comment

Ok so the PBC were lying. Both fighthype and Molina sure thought he was getting tested by USADA, he said it had already started.
          They originally were supposed to get tested, but didn't. PBC probably decided they didn't want to pay for it, or someone at the PBC office dropped the ball and never filed all the necessary paperwork on time, etc. USADA has been used for at least some PBC fights though.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            They originally were supposed to get tested, but didn't. PBC probably decided they didn't want to pay for it, or someone at the PBC office dropped the ball and never filed all the necessary paperwork on time, etc. USADA has been used for at least some PBC fights though.
            Doesn't really fit Molina or fighthype's account:

"One thing I'm very excited about is USADA is heavily involved in this fight...everyone's going to be on an even playing field...the testing already has started...everyone's looking for a competitive edge," stated jr. welterweight contender John Molina, who talked about the USADA drug testing that's taking place for his upcoming showdown with former world champion Adrien Broner. Check it out!
            Don't sweat it, at this point it's clear USADA is a joke in this sport.

Comment

Floyd defense force answer me this question:

How many cheaters did USADA catch?

Comment

Doesn't really fit Molina or fighthype's account:

Don't sweat it, at this point it's clear USADA is a joke in this sport.
                Again, there were a number of PBC fights that didn't use USADA testing. Beyond just the Molina/Broner fight.

There's also fights that NSAC and VADA were supposed to be involved and thought to be involved, but someone didn't pay or paperwork wasn't filed, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
                  They cost ten times as much as VADA yet VADA catches people while USADA doesn't.

They also don't perform CIR testing for some reason...
                  Protection racket. You pay them, they don't test you but rubber stamp you, and it seems like you aren't dirty when you obviously are.

Comment

vada catching multiple cheats every year. floyd's bought and paid for usada were too busy sweeping failed tests under the rug (including floyd's) hahahahahahahahaha joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X