Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: GGG Lining Up Scrubs; Derevyanchenko Tough Fight for Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    FACT: Golovkin had a choice
    FACT: Golovkin chose NO

take it up with him

it is absurd that you choose to forget that Golovkin was willing to fight Rosado at catchweight

and it is even more absurd that you choose to forget that AFTER refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto, Golovkin stated that he is willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody will step up

1) Saunders is the obvious no-brainer..... the obvious no-brainer that you fans apparently missed lol

2) Derevyanchenko is now just as obvious, for two reasons..... to avoid being stripped by the IBF..... and to keep September free for 1 of 2 MUCH bigger fights in Canelo and Saunders

so obvious

insinuating that Golovkin would not be ready for Derevyanchenko is quite ridiculous
    I want him to fight both, but name one champion that has had to fight that caliber on three weeks notice in the past 50 years..ZERO will come to mind. I guarantee you if it were you, you wouldn't fight Sergiy in three weeks. i guarantee you further that Canelo wouldn't either, hell I can guarantee you every dollar I have in the bank Sugar Ray, Duran, Floyd, Manny, even my favorite fighter in Johnson wouldn't have either. My issue here is everyone wants to sling mud and throw this guy under the bus like he wasn't going to fight who everyone actually wanted him to fight and the guy pissed dirty. Why is the talk not about how unfair this is to the champion in question. Am I happy about Vanes getting the fight? Nope, if Hearn had come to the table and said "We'll get Murray out of the way for June" i'd be right alongside ya'll crucifying K2/Golovkin for not waiting and taking that fight. That's not the case. Ironically, people here think Sergiy would take the kind of money O'Sullivan turned down when I don't think Dibella would allow it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Here is Martinez's promoter saying Martinez signed a contract saying GGG was next if he got past Cotto

Just to prove DiBella talks out of both sides of his face out of convenience when the air suits his purposes, here are multiple quotes on him when asked about Martinez v Golovkin. As i've already said i'm a Sergio fan but I didn't even bother throwing out the biggest quote of all on here out of respect for Sergio..which i'm sure everyone here is familiar with already. No disrespect to you or anyone else for falling for this man's "story telling" it kinda happens when they pull the Don King move to the press...but in his own words...

"Who would give a flying fk, and why are you even asking? Who knows Gennady Golovkin other than you, me and a few other people? How many people would he bring to the table? How much money would he generate? ... He is a very good fighter, but it's a fight that economically makes no sense."

-Lou Dibella Sep 27, 2012

If Sergio gets healthy and feels good about the fight, sure, I'd love to see it. But that's a pretty sizable "if," too. Martinez isn't getting younger, and if the fight never happens for reasons like health concerns, then I can't say I'd feel too robbed of the fight. It's possible that this is a "what could have been?" fight that we didn't fully realize had so much great potential a year or two ago. Whatever happens, we're never going to see Golovkin fight the best Sergio.

Lou Dibella Jun 30, 2013

"Shut the f*** up, seriously. You're not right. What was the difference about it? Arum was saying until f***ing one year ago ‘who the f*** was Martinez’ and Martinez did half a million pay-per-view buys and half the arena was Argentinians. Shut the f*** up and let [K2 Promotions] build their star. No, you're not right. A 38-year-old fighter is going to make as much money as he can. That's my job and if you don't get that - then go back to school,” DiBella said.

Lou Dibella Apr 14, 2013

“Sergio was older and not 100 percent, though not to our knowledge, “injured”, when GGG was rising and not a pay-per-view fighter,” DiBella continued. “Sergio and GGG never intersected for a fight that would have sold and been a fair fight. You KNOW I thought Martinez would beat Cotto! And GGG STILL isn’t a PPV fighter unless Canelo [Alvarez] fights him. And I was never going to let an older, chronically injured Sergio get in the ring with GGG, who, at the time, generated no real money.”

Lou Dibella June 8th 2015

That last red bit tells his intention all along

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Just to prove DiBella talks out of both sides of his face out of convenience when the air suits his purposes, here are multiple quotes on him when asked about Martinez v Golovkin. As i've already said i'm a Sergio fan but I didn't even bother throwing out the biggest quote of all on here out of respect for Sergio..which i'm sure everyone here is familiar with already. No disrespect to you or anyone else for falling for this man's "story telling" it kinda happens when they pull the Don King move to the press...but in his own words...

"Who would give a flying fk, and why are you even asking? Who knows Gennady Golovkin other than you, me and a few other people? How many people would he bring to the table? How much money would he generate? ... He is a very good fighter, but it's a fight that economically makes no sense."

-Lou Dibella Sep 27, 2012

If Sergio gets healthy and feels good about the fight, sure, I'd love to see it. But that's a pretty sizable "if," too. Martinez isn't getting younger, and if the fight never happens for reasons like health concerns, then I can't say I'd feel too robbed of the fight. It's possible that this is a "what could have been?" fight that we didn't fully realize had so much great potential a year or two ago. Whatever happens, we're never going to see Golovkin fight the best Sergio.

Lou Dibella Jun 30, 2013

"Shut the f*** up, seriously. You're not right. What was the difference about it? Arum was saying until f***ing one year ago ‘who the f*** was Martinez’ and Martinez did half a million pay-per-view buys and half the arena was Argentinians. Shut the f*** up and let [K2 Promotions] build their star. No, you're not right. A 38-year-old fighter is going to make as much money as he can. That's my job and if you don't get that - then go back to school,” DiBella said.

Lou Dibella Apr 14, 2013

“Sergio was older and not 100 percent, though not to our knowledge, “injured”, when GGG was rising and not a pay-per-view fighter,” DiBella continued. “Sergio and GGG never intersected for a fight that would have sold and been a fair fight. You KNOW I thought Martinez would beat Cotto! And GGG STILL isn’t a PPV fighter unless Canelo [Alvarez] fights him. And I was never going to let an older, chronically injured Sergio get in the ring with GGG, who, at the time, generated no real money.”

Lou Dibella June 8th 2015

That last red bit tells his intention all along
        DiBella wasn't Sergio's main handler. His argentinian promoters were. DiBella was his promoter in America. His handlers put his name to paper and signed a contract agreeing to face GGG if he got passed Cotto. That's not interviews or spin. That's a legally binding contract. End of story

Comment

I want him to fight both, but name one champion that has had to fight that caliber on three weeks notice in the past 50 years..ZERO will come to mind. I guarantee you if it were you, you wouldn't fight Sergiy in three weeks. i guarantee you further that Canelo wouldn't either, hell I can guarantee you every dollar I have in the bank Sugar Ray, Duran, Floyd, Manny, even my favorite fighter in Johnson wouldn't have either. My issue here is everyone wants to sling mud and throw this guy under the bus like he wasn't going to fight who everyone actually wanted him to fight and the guy pissed dirty. Why is the talk not about how unfair this is to the champion in question. Am I happy about Vanes getting the fight? Nope, if Hearn had come to the table and said "We'll get Murray out of the way for June" i'd be right alongside ya'll crucifying K2/Golovkin for not waiting and taking that fight. That's not the case. Ironically, people here think Sergiy would take the kind of money O'Sullivan turned down when I don't think Dibella would allow it either.

I assume you mean Warren.....

Promoter Frank Warren says that with Gennady Golovkin’s rematch with Canelo Alvarez officially off, now is the perfect opportunity for Golovkin to fulfill his dream by fighting for the last major belt he doesn’t currently hold — Billy Joe Saunder’s WBO title.

From the Daily Mail:

“Golovkin has always said that he wants to get the last middleweight belt he doesn’t hold yet by fighting Billy Joe. This is the chance for both of them.”

Saunders is currently recovering from a broken hand and Warren says that he won’t be ready to fill-in for Canelo on Cinco de Mayo, but he’ll be ready soon thereafter and is making a offer for Golovkin to face Saunders in early June.

“Although Billy Joe can’t recover in time for May 5 he could go as early as the first or second Saturday in June.

“I am making a huge offer for Gennady to come to a football ground in London. Otherwise we are just as happy to go to Las Vegas, where Golovkin is keen to headline for the first time in his career.”

good to have you on board

Comment

* fisheyes

Comment

good to have you on board
              Well hopefully we don't get any fkery in either fight, both men have an easy fight so we can finally get the damned unification fight. Canelo can sit and wait til next year. The BJS fight has always interested me for Golovkin and to see if BJS is more than just a mouthpiece as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                DiBella wasn't Sergio's main handler. His argentinian promoters were. DiBella was his promoter in America. His handlers put his name to paper and signed a contract agreeing to face GGG if he got passed Cotto. That's not interviews or spin. That's a legally binding contract. End of story
                Sampson boxing always deferred to Dibella on U.S. soil, its the same thing as Pacquaio early on. He had two promoters at the same time but the one with the money is the one who spoke and in this case it's dibella. TR never negotiated jack shh with Sampson Boxing for the JCC Jr fight and that's on record as well as Arum laughing at the guy naming is company Sampson and the fight got made through dibella. You can even go look at the video footage of the WBC hearing on the situation, they were nowhere to be found it was all Dibella. If the fight took place on U.S. soil Dibella was the man handling all of the business and always was. I'll say it one last time i'm a SUPER Sergio fan and still remain so, in terms of who made his fights the writing is pretty clear on who that was but then again Lou is very active on Social Media and loves to respond to questions so please by all means you can get your answer straight from the horses mouth or better yet he sticks around the Barclays after fights to talk to the fans, you can literally walk up to him and ask him. He's a pretty chill dude when the cameras are off.

Comment

Well hopefully we don't get any fkery in either fight, both men have an easy fight so we can finally get the damned unification fight. Canelo can sit and wait til next year. The BJS fight has always interested me for Golovkin and to see if BJS is more than just a mouthpiece as well.

first, they offered Saunders 1.5mil, and then quickly ran off to fight Wade..... Saunders then watched Kell Brook make 4-5mil

second, Saunders SIGNED to fight Golovkin in Kazakhstan..... but Golovkin selected Canelo

third, Saunders offered to fight Golovkin in June..... but Golovkin had other plans for May

based on those facts, I have come to a different conclusion

Comment

• GGG just fought Canelo and was ready to fight him again in a couple weeks, meanwhile Jacobs fought Arias (never heard about) and Sulecki (guy with an 38% ko ratio who fought at 154 for the last couple years).

Jacobs is the last dude to open his mouth right here. Fight Charlo, you both should be ashamed to fight the bums instead of fighting each other.

Comment

Sampson boxing always deferred to Dibella on U.S. soil, its the same thing as Pacquaio early on. He had two promoters at the same time but the one with the money is the one who spoke and in this case it's dibella. TR never negotiated jack shh with Sampson Boxing for the JCC Jr fight and that's on record as well as Arum laughing at the guy naming is company Sampson and the fight got made through dibella. You can even go look at the video footage of the WBC hearing on the situation, they were nowhere to be found it was all Dibella. If the fight took place on U.S. soil Dibella was the man handling all of the business and always was. I'll say it one last time i'm a SUPER Sergio fan and still remain so, in terms of who made his fights the writing is pretty clear on who that was but then again Lou is very active on Social Media and loves to respond to questions so please by all means you can get your answer straight from the horses mouth or better yet he sticks around the Barclays after fights to talk to the fans, you can literally walk up to him and ask him. He's a pretty chill dude when the cameras are off.
                      Here is another gem from Lou who vehemently defended Martinez back then.

Comment

Working...
                      X