Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas: I Want To Beat Adrien Broner at His Best!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas: I Want To Beat Adrien Broner at His Best!

On Saturday night Jessie Vargas (28-2) will face Adrien Broner (33-3) in a Showtime televised main event. The triple header takes place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY and will also feature Gervonta "Tank" Davis against Jesus Cuellar for the vacant WBA super featherweight title and Jermall Charlo versus Hugo Centeno for the interim WBC middleweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well, to face the best Broner, you might have to jump into a time machine and go back 5 years, and 20-or-so pounds.

Comment

Whatever was Broner's best is now gone and how can you expect much from him when he only averages a little more than 20 punches a round this could be an upset for Vargas and the biggest move of his career with a win...

Comment

I just checked the bookies for the first time regarding this fight. Looks like the bookies can't split them :ANYWORD:

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          I just checked the bookies for the first time regarding this fight. Looks like the bookies can't split them :ANYWORD:
          Vargas should be the favorite in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
            Well, to face the best Broner, you might have to jump into a time machine and go back 5 years, and 20-or-so pounds.
            He wasn't even that good back then, he just had the clear weight advantage over guys who were much smaller than him.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Vargas should be the favorite in this fight.
              Agreed, Vargas I think has pretty good output through a fight and we only really seen Vargas struggle with a slick operator like Bradley and I don't think we can compare Bradley and Broner.

This will be a tough fight for Broner IF he doesn't bring a higher punch volume to this.

Comment

Brace yourself for a thousand "he should've let his hands go" comments postfight. If Cunningham doesn't bring the best out of Broner nobody can.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                  That's damn near verbatim of what I was gonna say! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                    Brace yourself for a thousand "he should've let his hands go" comments postfight. If Cunningham doesn't bring the best out of Broner nobody can.
                    I'm already prepared to post that very comment come late Saturday evening lol

Comment

Working...
                    X