No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk vs. Amar For WBC Interim-Title on March 17, ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    lmao your too funny. U know as well as I do Marcus Browne and Haymon already turned down the Gvozdyk fight. And joe smith said he wants a tune up after breaking his jaw.

Haymon already ducked Gvozdyk with both alvarez and Browne

http://www.boxingscene.com/gvozdyk-r...inator--122420
    facts!!! these gaymon groupies like scumbag2009 are allergic to them!

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      I believe it will happen in April.
      I want that fight to happen like everyone else but there's still no official date for it and its almost february.

Comment

LOL. Who did this Amar's guy manager have to pay off to get this fight? People keep trying to tell me this group or that group isn't corrupt, but all I can come up with is ALL these mfers are corrupt or stupid to put this cat into a title fight, interim or otherwise, in such a loaded division.

Comment

No matter who is to blame, it's yet another bum fight for a meaningless interim title, of which there are way too many. Amar lost to ex-cupcake champion Stieglitz a year ago, and has beaten a 7-4 fighter since. How is he rated?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            The WBC jumped over Marcus Browne, Joe Smith Jr, Karo Murat, Blake Capparela, Isaac Chilemba, and Thomas Oosthuizen to get to Mehdi Amar, a guy that no one had heard of, was checking for, or will be heard of after this fight.
            - Alvarez turndown the fight rightfully so since he was already the mandatory

- Browne turndown the fight gave no reason why

- Smith Jr. turndown the fight will like to have a tuneup

- Caparello busy

- Murat busy

- Fonfara ???

- Oosthuizen???

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              and this is why i dont believe arum when he says he'll go to canada..
              if he's admitting he knows that haymon cant make the jack fight..why doesn he swoop in and just go right for the belt in canada...

i think arum wants to win the purse bid when gvozdyk times cmes and have stevenson stripped by placing the fight in america...BOSS MOVE TBH...al haymon has played this dirty game by trying to have ggg stripped due to network stuff, so it's kind of fair play...al is broke and showtime isnt interested in spending money on a 40 year old stevenson no matter how fun his fight could be
              Is that allowed lol? The way the WBC is Haymon's lapdog, I assume they would make up some special new rule that "winner of this purse bid must place the fight in Canada due to the current champion's unique legal situation blah blah blah." If Arum actually pulled that off though, it would be pretty sweet justice due to how Stevenson has sat on his belt, and a fitting end to his title "reign." Still it would be nice to see the fight lol. I think maybe the ultimate would be doing that to get Stevenson stripped, but then still offering the fight, but as the challenger, with a challenger's percentage of the purse. After the way he guarded the belt and got overpaid for avoiding challenges, he would justifiably lose the belt, get paid the smaller purse he's deserved for awhile for cherry picking, and have to actually face a real opponent for once to get a shot at his title back.

Or, you know, just freeze him out, given what he's done. There's always a chance he would beat Gvozdyk, win back the belt, and then the division would be screwed again for a few more years. The more these protected duckers are kept away from belts, the better. If they earn and defend against real opponents, then fine, that would make them not protected duckers, so it wouldn't apply. But in cases like Stevenson, I would be all for Arum pulling that off, for the reasons I stated, but as I said, do you really think that would be allowed? They've protected Stevenson this long....

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
                No matter who is to blame, it's yet another bum fight for a meaningless interim title, of which there are way too many. Amar lost to ex-cupcake champion Stieglitz a year ago, and has beaten a 7-4 fighter since. How is he rated?
                No. Just no. It's about time Haymon defenders stopped getting away with this ****. It absolutely DOES matter when it's the same party ruining good fights every single time. Arum just made a deal with another promoter (Imam's) before the purse bid, Arum let his star fighter Lomachenko go to Haymon's network to fight a thoroughbred (at least once he signs a fight) in GRJ, so there's zero justification for Haymon to have prevented TWO of his guys, who aren't even stars, Alvarez and Browne, from fighting Gvozdyk. Not to mention Stevenson, another Al Haymon light heavyweight, who avoids everyone too.

So yeah, Gvozdyk-Amar is a terrible fight, but it's just another in a long line of terrible fights brought to you by Al Haymon, despite the fact that much better fights were easily available and easily makeable, just he CHOSE to prevent those and leave fans with ****ty fights instead. The sooner you start blaming the people responsible for this ****, the sooner it will change, but when you say **** like it doesn't matter who is to blame, well then they are just going to keep on doing it if it don't matter to you who's doing it, aren't they???

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Is that allowed lol? The way the WBC is Haymon's lapdog, I assume they would make up some special new rule that "winner of this purse bid must place the fight in Canada due to the current champion's unique legal situation blah blah blah." If Arum actually pulled that off though, it would be pretty sweet justice due to how Stevenson has sat on his belt, and a fitting end to his title "reign." Still it would be nice to see the fight lol. I think maybe the ultimate would be doing that to get Stevenson stripped, but then still offering the fight, but as the challenger, with a challenger's percentage of the purse. After the way he guarded the belt and got overpaid for avoiding challenges, he would justifiably lose the belt, get paid the smaller purse he's deserved for awhile for cherry picking, and have to actually face a real opponent for once to get a shot at his title back.

Or, you know, just freeze him out, given what he's done. There's always a chance he would beat Gvozdyk, win back the belt, and then the division would be screwed again for a few more years. The more these protected duckers are kept away from belts, the better. If they earn and defend against real opponents, then fine, that would make them not protected duckers, so it wouldn't apply. But in cases like Stevenson, I would be all for Arum pulling that off, for the reasons I stated, but as I said, do you really think that would be allowed? They've protected Stevenson this long....
                  i would prefer the wbc to make that ruling about it being in canada...bc arum just said he'll go there...and hell i'd rather have a fight than someone stripped all bc of location, but if they dont it would be fair...if they didnt it would be fair....but honestly i think adonis doesnt have enough time to keep going through this and the wbc may feel that they need to show some action...idk...i just hope stevenson jack gets made wed. during the showtime "big announcement" event

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    i would prefer the wbc to make that ruling about it being in canada...bc arum just said he'll go there...and hell i'd rather have a fight than someone stripped all bc of location, but if they dont it would be fair...if they didnt it would be fair....but honestly i think adonis doesnt have enough time to keep going through this and the wbc may feel that they need to show some action...idk...i just hope stevenson jack gets made wed. during the showtime "big announcement" event
                    What Showtime big announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      False. He made more vs. Bute and Pascal than he would have made against Stevenson.
                      false. The Pascal fight wasn’t even a main event. Stop your lies

Comment

Working...
                      X