• Show
Clear All

Um no.

1. Roy Jones Jr.
    2. Manny Pacquiao
    3. Bernard Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I think he is an all time great right now. He just happens to still be fighting and fighting unbelievably well for a man over 50 years old. He holds the all time record for consecutive middleweight title defenses with 20 successful title defenses in a row. He was past 40 when he finally lost the middleweight title to Taylor in a fight many thought he won. He also holds the record for being the oldest man ever to win a world title. If he isn't an all time great then nobody is an all time great. He accomplished all this while getting off to an extremely late start in pro boxing due to being in prison. He turned pro at 30 years old. If he could have turned pro at age 20 he could have done much more than the great things he did with his late start. Since getting out of prison he completely turned his life around for the best. He has never even had a traffic ticket since leaving prison. He is a great roll model for anyone who did bad things and wants to live a better life and be a better person.

Great post.....

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I think he is an all time great right now. He just happens to still be fighting and fighting unbelievably well for a man over 50 years old. He holds the all time record for consecutive middleweight title defenses with 20 successful title defenses in a row. He was past 40 when he finally lost the middleweight title to Taylor in a fight many thought he won. He also holds the record for being the oldest man ever to win a world title. If he isn't an all time great then nobody is an all time great. He accomplished all this while getting off to an extremely late start in pro boxing due to being in prison. He turned pro at 30 years old. If he could have turned pro at age 20 he could have done much more than the great things he did with his late start. Since getting out of prison he completely turned his life around for the best. He has never even had a traffic ticket since leaving prison. He is a great roll model for anyone who did bad things and wants to live a better life and be a better person.
        he was actually 23 when he made his debut in 1988.

Comment

He's 100 years old fool

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
            Um no.

1. Roy Jones Jr.
            2. Manny Pacquiao
            3. Bernard Hopkins
            Roy is probably my favorite of all time, but he can't be ranked higher than the other two, IMO. His lack of longevity at the top level in comparison to the other two needs to be accounted for.

In his prime years, though? Head-to-head I have him beating anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ostinato View Post
              Roy is probably my favorite of all time, but he can't be ranked higher than the other two, IMO. His lack of longevity at the top level in comparison to the other two needs to be accounted for.

In his prime years, though? Head-to-head I have him beating anyone.
              He beat Hopkins and Toney who are Hall of Fame fighters themselves.

From 1993-2004, dude was the greatest fighter on the planet.

Dude went from middleweight to heavyweight champ.

I just don't see how you can deny the guy.

Comment

Floyd
                Manny
                Hopkins
                Marquez

Those are the only ATGs, and in that order

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Floyd
                  Manny
                  Hopkins
                  Marquez

Those are the only ATGs, and in that order
                  I would have roy at number 1 if we are including him

Comment

Klitchko is in that... people may have disliked his style but the man made huge accomplishments with what he was given. Being at the top at heavyweight for as long as he did no matter the lack of elite opposition was great.

Comment

Closer?
                      Hopkins is clearly an ATG/HALL OF FAMER.

Comment

Working...
                      X