Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With robberries like Garcis Peterson, is PBC on the path to failure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With robberries like Garcis Peterson, is PBC on the path to failure?

Seems like Haymon has learned all the wrong lessons in boxing.

In one of the first signature fights, Peterson put on a boxing clinic against Danny Garcia. And once again, we had corrupt judges taking a shine, and frankly cheating on behalf of the favourite.

If Haymon is in the robbery business, as most boxing promoters have been in, like Arum, this is one of the MAIN things that turned off the mainstream from boxing.

I think Haymon is too corrupt and power hungry to see the bigger picture. And after the Pac Floyd fiasco, Haymon's PBC is more vulnerable than ever.
    Yes, casuals will not abide corruption
    60.00%
    No, people won't mind Haymon cheating and fixing fights
    40.00%

That was a close fight not a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      That was a close fight not a robbery
      Peterson clearly won almost all the rounds. It was close, true, but it can be close and clear.

When a casual sees this, it will seem like a robbery, when your own commentators are saying this!

You have the official scorecard saying one think, and then you have the commentators explaining why Peterson is schooling Garcia.

Casuals will think its a robbery, gamblers will once again be turned off from boxing, who used to be a big part of boxing.

Comment

why are people so desperate to see PBC fail. I'm just happy to cut on the TV and watch boxing. no way in hell did Peterson win that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
          why are people so desperate to see PBC fail. I'm just happy to cut on the TV and watch boxing. no way in hell did Peterson win that fight.
          The official PBC commentators all thought Peterson won by a huge margin. They had him winning almost every round. Garcia nicked a couple in the middle but thats it.

Comment

PBC wouldn't fail because of things like that.

But it could fail from making horrible matchups when they have the means and the talent to make very good matchups on almost every card.

Haymon needs to step away from matchmaking as he still has the instincts of a manager.

Comment

To be fair, the judging has been pretty good on PBC so far, apart from this fight which i felt Peterson won. But i can see why the scores could be as close as they were, i just feel it should have been in favour of Peterson because i don't see how Garcia won more rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                You could have Peterson winning, I didn't but I can see the argument.

It's karma for Garcia requesting a 143 catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                  Peterson clearly won almost all the rounds. It was close, true, but it can be close and clear.

When a casual sees this, it will seem like a robbery, when your own commentators are saying this!

You have the official scorecard saying one think, and then you have the commentators explaining why Peterson is schooling Garcia.

Casuals will think its a robbery, gamblers will once again be turned off from boxing, who used to be a big part of boxing.
                  No he did not. Peterson didn't land jack SH¡T first 6 rounds and lost almost all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    No he did not. Peterson didn't land jack SH¡T first 6 rounds and lost almost all of them.
                    Agree. Peterson did nothing from rounds 1-6 and Garcia definitely won a round or two after the 6th round. At the very closest 7-5 Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                    X