Timothy Bradley inks one-year Nike deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy Bradley inks one-year Nike deal

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2012...TS03/203280316

When Cathedral City boxer Timothy Bradley signed a one-year endorsement deal with shoe giant Nike in early March, he knew it was really an audition.

Bradley will fight boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao on June 9, and will be the subject of the HBO series “24/7” in preparation for the fight.

Bradley said an HBO crew will be in town next week to begin shooting but wasn't sure if it was for “24/7.”

Nike will provide apparel for Bradley, including his robe, trunks and training gear.

“Tim Bradley's visibility is about to increase tenfold,” said Lucia McKelvey, executive vice president of marketing for Top Ranks in a Sports Business Journal article. “With ‘24/7' following him around, he's going to be in the public eye all the time. So why not be polished with his look?”

In addition to Bradley, his entire team will be wearing Nike gear in his corner. And Bradley said he's excited to sport the swoosh.

“They'll make it for everyone, the whole team,” Bradley said. “We'll sport Nike. We'll bleed Nike.”

Bradley would not discuss the financial terms of this contract but said it's almost like an audition for the company.

And if Bradley upsets Pacquiao on June 9, he's excited about the prospects with Nike.

“If I beat their boxing superstar, I'll be the next boxing superstar for Nike,” Bradley said. “I have to prove myself. But if I win, then I'm like, ‘What's happening? Show me the money.'”

In addition to sporting Nike apparel, Bradley will have a fan event at the Las Vegas Niketown at the Forum Shops inside Caesars Palace during the week of the fight.

“It feels awesome to join the Nike clan,” Bradley said. “I can't wait to shine on June 9 in Nike apparel.

“All the best athletes sign with Nike, and I consider myself the best.”

Nike is the third company that has an endorsement deal with Bradley.

The other two are health science company Usana, and Bite Tech, which provides Bradley's mouthpiece.

I saw that on facebook yesterday and realized.... this is how they'll try to increase his publicity

Comment

they act like nike reached out to him.... in reality top rank is who reached out to nike and said, " hey man at least let him wear nike gear for his fight"......

this isnt an endorsement deal, and top rank is realizing they need to start doing something about his publicity because ****s about to get real with ppv numbers if something doesnt happen

Comment

I am glad for Bradley, He is a nice guy and deserves it.

Comment

One year?

Thats about how long this b1tch will be semi-relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            One year?

Thats about how long this b1tch will be semi-relevant.
            Make sure u man up and give him his props when he beats Pac.

Comment

i remember andre ward was endorsed with Jordan a while back before he entered the super six. Not sure what happened after that but all i know is that he sports Everlast gear now.

Comment

Bradley is already planning the deals he'll get once he beat Pacquiao- I think he truly believes he's got Pacquiao figured out. We'll see how that goes when he gets punched in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi007 View Post
                  I am glad for Bradley, He is a nice guy and deserves it.
                  this is good for tim and in a way also good for boxing ....

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                    they act like nike reached out to him.... in reality top rank is who reached out to nike and said, " hey man at least let him wear nike gear for his fight"......

this isnt an endorsement deal, and top rank is realizing they need to start doing something about his publicity because ****s about to get real with ppv numbers if something doesnt happen
                    There's no doubt but that Top Rank really know their business. It was a good day's work for Bradley to sign with Top Rank. You didn't read the report. Nike is supplying all the equipment. If it was what you are saying Top Rank or Bradley himself would have had to BUY the stuff. He has a ONE YEAR endorsement with Nike. Allow the report to penetate.
                    Last edited by edgarg; 03-29-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X