Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran is overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grow up kid. go watch some fights, educate b4 you make more of a **** of yourself than you already have.

Comment

Kev,

your thread has 'I Know fcuk all about Boxing' written all over it

you're 20 years old...da **** you know about Roberto Duran

LW king for a decade, won titles @ 135, 147, 154 and 160 not mickey mouse bull**** alphabetti spagetti titles, meaningful ones.

fought at 118, 125, 130, 135, 140, 147, 154, 160, 168 and 175. won over a 100 fights, 70+ by KO, he was a blown up lightweight but took two of the greatest Welterweights/Middleweights of all time 15 rounds when they where prime and he was in his late 30's.

He was the ONLY man to beat the great SRL at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
        "Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em"
        hahahahaha

Comment

Everybody here is talking **** and getting their feelings hurt , acting all emotional and **** but ain't nobody telling me why is he th best. Nobody. bringing up that age crap and the same "he's an ATG blah blah blah"

Comment

Originally posted by kev183 View Post
            Everybody here is talking **** and getting their feelings hurt , acting all emotional and **** but ain't nobody telling me why is he th best. Nobody. bringing up that age crap and the same "he's an ATG blah blah blah"
            Thats because it's so fcuking obvious to anyone with a basic idea what makes a fighter great.

We don't need to post about it if you had teh IQ of TheMachines farts you would just Know why.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              do you see any Lightweight or below ever, ever beating prime versions of Leonard, Hagler, Hearns or Benitez?

anyways, some notable Duran wins...
              Ken Buchanan-Lineal Champ at 135
              Esteban DeJesus-Future title holder at 135
              Guts Ishimatsu-Future Title holder at 135
              Carlos Palomino-Former Lineal Champ at 147
              Davey Moore-Title holder at 154
              Iran Barkley-Title holder at 160
              Ray Leonard-Lineal Champ at 147, top 3 Welterweight all time
              Ernesto Marcel-Future champ at Featherweight, beat Alexis Arguello
              Jorge Fernando Castro-Former title holder at 160lbs, Duran beat him in his mid 40s

And I wont bother naming all the top ten opposition he faced, because you likely wouldnt recongnise them anyway.
              and while Im at it, Ill also add Hiroshi Kobayashi, former title holder at 130 and Saul Mamby, a future title holder at 135 I belive. oh, and Pipino Cuevas, former title holder at 147.
              I dont think theres any point in trying to reason with you, but Im kind of in the mood for this kind of impossible conversation

Comment

They just gave you a list of fighters he beat, notable wins. Seriously, Duran would KO Godzilla if he was to invade Panama, plus he was of Mexican blood so that makes him the toughest man to ever walk the planet....

I have boxing gloves older than you, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
                  Thats because it's so fcuking obvious to anyone with a basic idea what makes a fighter great.

We don't need to post about it if you had teh IQ of TheMachines farts you would just Know why.
                  Priceless!

Poet

Comment

Duran was the smallest one out of him, hearns, leonard, and Hagler. I am 18 years old, and i dont think Duran is overrated at all. Thats one of my grandfathers favorite all time fighters, so i grew up knowing about him. He could Cut off the ring like no other. Duran was a beast.

Comment

Again. The hypocrisy. Bringing up belts and statistics when guys like Mayweather, Jones Jr, Hopkins are ****ted on for not fighting anybody and the belts and stats mean nothing. But it's Duran now so it means everything. WHO HAD DURAN BEAT???????????/ **** STATS AND BELTS AND WEIGHT CLASSES..WHO THE F HAS DURAN BEAT??????????/ WHO HAS NOT BEATEN DURAN..THIS N!GGA LOST TO VINNY PAZIENZA.

Comment

Working...
                      X