Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question to all the guys who have had a big break up, or a divorce.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question to all the guys who have had a big break up, or a divorce.....

After 10 years of being with my girl, I finally decided to stop taking her bull****, and finally break up with her. I just couldnt stand the negativity, attitude, all the fighting, so I broke it off. I tried, and tried, and tried to make it work out, but her ****ed up attitude, and downright b*tchyness finally took its toll on me.

I had been wanting to do it for the longest time, but one of the reasons why I never did was because of everything we had. New house, new car, and just tons and tons of materialistic items. Everything that we had, I could pay for it all by myself, but all of her checks were disposable income, and allowed us to go out to eat, go out at night, go shopping, buy clothes.

So now 2 weeks later (which is the beginning of the month when all the bills are due) , we are still broken up, and I told I her I would probably never get back with her. I have paid all of the bills, bought things for the house, and bought items that I needed. Now I have to live on a budget, and dont have extra income to do the things that I normally do like going places that I usually got to, I havent bought any clothes, no shoes, havent been going out to eat, and basically just feel like I am stuck here at home all day, and its beginning to eat at me.

How long did it take you guys to get back on your feet, and get back to where you were before the break up/ divorce?

Didnt you recently discuss the possibility of having a good with this chick

Comment

Didnt you just bust in her bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Didnt you recently discuss the possibility of having a good with this chick
        I did..... When everything is good, its GREAT. She loves boxing, we have been together since high school, our families have been friends for 15 years, her uncle is one of my best friends. But when it is bad, it is BAD, and its been bad for a while now. On and off over the last 2 years, I have tried to break it off, only for her to cry, beg, and plead with me to give her one more chance. I just couldnt do it again. I made a thread about 2 weeks ago saying I may have got her pregnant (which she is not) and Im starting to think that MAYBE that was her way of trying to keep me with her.

Comment

Weren't you married to her?

Comment

You probably did the right thing.... As for your question, nobody can answer that for you... Your income and expenses are strictly unique to you.

Comment

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but, what do you do for a living?

Also, if you feel like you're going to be strapped all the time, maybe sell the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Weren't you married to her?
                Naw bro, we got engaged 4 years ago, but I never went through with the whole marriage thing. I always knew she was too negative, and argued way too much. I held out hope that she would change, and maybe just become more relaxed and appreciative.

She never did, so I never went through with getting married.

Comment

You More happy now?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                    I'm sure this has been discussed before, but, what do you do for a living?

Also, if you feel like you're going to be strapped all the time, maybe sell the house.
                    I have been in the pool business for about 7-8 years.... I was working for a little mom and pop shop, making decent money, before they had to downsize and eventually break up.

About 2-3 months ago I started my own pool business, and was able to maintain the same income that I had been bringing in. The only thing that sucks is monthly customers pay me once a month, at the beginning of the month, for their services. Now if I do a repair, and a some kind of big job, I will get the money for that at the completion of the job.

So while some people are getting paid every week or 2, I basically will bring in a big lump some at the beginning of the month, and some where around 250 a week off of repairs and miscellaneous jobs.

Comment

Working...
                    X