Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Joshua Will NEVER Be The Same - Ruiz Rematch is Insane!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I am talking about. I happen to agree with Arum. Why would you cash out your only cash cow for just one fight when AJ is always talking about his long term plans and future in the sport?

An immediate rematch is all wrong for Joshua. At 29, he has time to fully recover and heal from that TKO loss and get the extended rest that both his mind and body so desperately needs in order to relax and correct his mistakes.

So when he does come back he will be even fresher, stronger and better. Rushing him back so soon would ruin Anthony Joshua's career because he is neither ready or prepared for Andy Ruiz's style.

At this point, Eddie is making a very huge mistake; The same mistake he made with Kell Brook by cashing him out against Gennady Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      That's what I am talking about. I happen to agree with Arum. Why would you cash out your only cash cow for just one fight when AJ is always talking about his long term plans and future in the sport?

An immediate rematch is all wrong for Joshua. At 29, he has time to fully recover and heal from that TKO loss and get the extended rest that both his mind and body so desperately needs in order to relax and correct his mistakes.

So when he does come back he will be even fresher, stronger and better. Rushing him back so soon would ruin Anthony Joshua's career because he is neither ready or prepared for Andy Ruiz's style.

At this point, Eddie is making a very huge mistake; The same mistake he made with Kell Brook by cashing him out against Gennady Golovkin.
      ... They're forced to take the fight immediately...

... if not, AJ loses any "control" on those "belts" -- either by Ruiz taking different paths in his future career, or spreading those belts around (due to "stripping" etc)... Not to mention that Wilder would take all the belts asap, and I just don't see AJ wanting to deal with him soon (if ever)...

Comment

Same embarrassment suffered by a prime Brit Ricky Hatton from another shorty with fast hands 10 years ago mate. Pacman!

Comment

Jousha wants to go straight back in and for me, that’s says it all.

I believe there was something wrong in camp and he doesn’t want an excuse to be made.

I believe we’ll see AJ flatten Ruiz in the rematch.

It’s hilarious how the majority of people say Eddie Hearn protects his cash cow etc etc.....but now he’s going for an immediate rematch, the very same people are saying it’s a terrible decision and he should have a tune up fight, anything to complain!!

PS. **** Bob arum
          Last edited by StefanYHU; 06-10-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Hearn can't force Joshua to fight. He's the promoter not his boss. It's up to Joshua and he should sit out for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              “Unfortunately, his promoter is not a boxing guy.“

Lmao so true. He doesn’t know what he’s doing. No wonder AJ father wanted to take his head off. Hearn wants those titles for bargaining power. Without AJ and those titles he’d still be across the pond putting on Sam Eggington fights
              LOL. Damn that’s cold.

Comment

I like Hearn. He puts his fighters in against good fighters. That's what boxing fans want to see. AJ could have beaten 30 bums like Wilder did in his first 30 fights. The only people that pleases are casuals. As it is AJ has only had 22 fights but has fought a lot of good fighters

Joseph Parker said Ruiz hit him harder than anyone he fought - including Whyte and Joshua - so not sure how Ruiz can have no power...

AJ has always been chinny with slow recovery. If Wlad or Whyte had been able to jump on him after they hurt him - he would have lost then

Comment

Lol Bob just sounds bitter that Ruiz left him and now he doesn't have the heavyweight champion. Ruiz has decent power I wouldn't say more than Wilder or AJ but he has more than Fury and ironically that's who he is helping promote these days so for him to say that is messed up he hurts his opponents with combinations he landed 2 solid shots before landing the left hook that put AJ down the first time he also had hand problems in the past I remember he broke his hands in some fights but still won them easily at least in the Liakhovich fight for sure.

Comment

“It’s the dumbest thing from the standpoint of a young fighter, who Joshua is, who you want to bring back and recover. The idea you’d put him back in with Ruiz is insane. Give him some fights...Forget about the titles. The titles will always be there. Joshua is a great personality. He shouldn’t go back with Andy Ruiz. Any real *boxing guy would tell you that. *Unfortunately, his promoter is not a boxing guy." - Bob Arum

I have to agree with Arum on this one! No need to rush back in there with Ruiz! I would put him in with Hunter! He's same height as Ruiz, but he only weighed 215.5lbs in his last fight, compared to Ruiz's 268! If not Hunter, then the winner of Charr vs. Bryan!

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                      He will be the same once he gets back on his roid cycle. Miller and AJ were invincible and undefeated before there first VADA fight. Miller did not even make it into the ring and AJ fought like he had been castrated.
                      FYI, all AJ's c'ship fights were under VADA. Is it so hard to google it?

Comment

Working...
                      X