Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko's next fight: Do you prefer Crolla or Teofimo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd prefer Teofimo to Crolla, but I'd also like Lopez to get a coupla decent scalps first... problem is that by the time he's matured some he's also likely to have gone up in weight. My ideal would be to see this fight with both of them a close to their best as they can be... anything beyond about 2 or 3 years and Loma will definitely be on the slide, anything much less and Teofimo might be considered too green.

Same kinda goes with Tank, though he is a bit older and more experienced than Teofimo so maybe I'd prefer to see that one sooner, and again I'd like to see him return to fighting guys closer to his size and level first.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      If Lomachenko fights Crolla and Commey this year then that means we are not getting a fight with Teofimo until 2020.

By then he will have moved up in weight since he has said that he can't make 135 for much longer.

If we want that fight them it has to happen now. Pay Crolla a step aside fee if need be, no one wants to see that anyway. Just look at the results of the poll.
      From my understanding it's a mandatory vs. Crolla, a contractually set unification with Commey and a third fight which would possibly be PPV in the winter. Berchelt was mentioned but perhaps that could be Lopez and then go to Berchelt first quarter of 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        Well, besides Crolla family members, who would rather see him than Lopez?

I usually don't like to waste my time with fights that are not gonna happen
        Fair enough. I don't think Loma wants it either.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          From my understanding it's a mandatory vs. Crolla, a contractually set unification with Commey and a third fight which would possibly be PPV in the winter. Berchelt was mentioned but perhaps that could be Lopez and then go to Berchelt first quarter of 2020?
          The mandatory can be bypassed with step aside money.

We don't know the extent of Commey's injury or how long he will be out.

Berchelt is fighting at 130 pounds.

Lopez wants Lomachenko and they have the same promoter. They should do it now before we miss out on it for good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            The mandatory can be bypassed with step aside money.

We don't know the extent of Commey's injury or how long he will be out.

Berchelt is fighting at 130 pounds.

Lopez wants Lomachenko and they have the same promoter. They should do it now before we miss out on it for good.
            If you noticed, none of Loma's main fans are voting here. They know Crolla is a BS waste of time, but they don't wanna highlight the mismatch even further by voting.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Fair enough. I don't think Loma wants it either.
              Based on what? He's said he'd be happy to fight him and will make him quit by the middle rounds.

Lomachenko has complied in accepting and making fights that the public demanded. Now I get that you discredit everything he does because of a vendetta but I'm saying what the public demanded he's complied and not ducked anyone. I think you just have an issue with him because he called Tank's bluff and Tank is afraid to fight him.

I think Lopez is better than Tank with a slightly better resume so it's a better fight. I hope to see it but I think the folks demanding it, claiming Loma to be ducking it etc; will be the one's that give least credit after the fact.

Comment

Based on what? He's said he'd be happy to fight him and will make him quit by the middle rounds.

Lomachenko has complied in accepting and making fights that the public demanded. Now I get that you discredit everything he does because of a vendetta but I'm saying what the public demanded he's complied and not ducked anyone. I think you just have an issue with him because he called Tank's bluff and Tank is afraid to fight him.

I think Lopez is better than Tank with a slightly better resume so it's a better fight. I hope to see it but I think the folks demanding it, claiming Loma to be ducking it etc; will be the one's that give least credit after the fact.
                Talk is cheap. Tell him to prove it.
                The rest of the post is total BS.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Talk is cheap. Tell him to prove it.
                  The rest of the post is total BS.
                  Tell Lopez to prove it. Talk is cheap. Loma has a resume and history of fighting the fights that are demanded. Lopez doesn't so one guy is to be more believed at this point.

Comment

Tell Lopez to prove it. Talk is cheap. Loma has a resume and history of fighting the fights that are demanded. Lopez doesn't so one guy is to be more believed at this point.
                    Loma is in a place to demand it, not Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                    X