Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Mayweather: We Can Show Who is The Real Winner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    this is getting sad
    Brother Larry, this is way way beyond sad.. I just want real dudes to kick it with, watch two warriors go at it

I’m a racist.. ignore me..

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      It wasn't 10 to 2

Nobody got schooled in that fight.
      You're right. I gave Manny 3 rounds but he did get schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        The video doesn't support the ''debilitated injury'' theory. That's why I sent it.
        Anybody can play or fight through an injury. I am a hockey fan and in the Stanley Cup playoffs, I have seen players play even with fractures and other serious debilitating injuries. They just fight through the pain.

But just playing or in this case boxing without your vaunted speed or strenght against the likes of such a good defensive boxer with a 5" reach like Mayweather is an exercise in futility. Manny needed to be 100% to even have a chance.

The only way those 2 can settle this is in a rematch. If you want to be considered an all time great, then do the same as other all time greats and settle all questions in the ring in a rematch and not in the minds of critics and fans.

Otherwise Floyd will never be spoken of in the same breath as Ali, Leonard, etc. Those guys took on all comers despite the risk of losing in multiple matches. Floyd even refused to take on Thurman and decided to retire instead. Manny on the other hand if he wins this fight will elevate himself above Floyd in the mind of many critics because he is still at the age of 40 taking on all comers regardless of age and beating them.
        Last edited by cjeagle1; 07-13-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cjeagle1 View Post
          Anybody can play or fight through an injury. I am a hockey fan and in the Stanley Cup playoffs, I have seen players play even with fractures and other serious debilitating injuries. They just fight through the pain.

But just playing or in this case boxing without your vaunted speed or strenght against the likes of such a good defensive boxer with a 5" reach like Mayweather is an exercise in futility.

The only way those 2 can settle this is in a rematch. If you want to be considered an all time great, then do the same as other all time greats and settle all questions in the ring in a rematch and not in the minds of critics and fans.

Otherwise Floyd will never be spoken of in the same breadth as Ali, Leonard, etc.
          But it was settled. What if Manny claimed he wasn't 100 after the rematch too? They should keep running it back until Floyd loses? I think that is what this is really about.

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
            But it was settled. What if Manny claimed he wasn't 100 after the rematch too? They should keep running it back until Floyd loses? I think that is what this is really about.
            All the All time Greats did. Leonard, Ali, Hearns, Duran did.
            Leonard clearly lost his first fight against Duran in their first fight. What did he do in the second fight? Changed tactics and dominated Duran forcing him to say No Mas.

Floyd will never be considered among the top all time great because of this.
            Last edited by cjeagle1; 07-13-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
              Floyd said as much in an interview with Steven a smith he after the fight said rematch then when face with all of the excuses said that sides unprofessional no rematch. They destroyed the rematch with a lack of class

Mayweather has no shame
              Just don’t see the. Leaving coin on the table
              It’ll be another circus

Comment

Originally posted by cjeagle1 View Post

Floyd will never be considered among the top all time great because of this.
                In your mind.. and you're totally entitled to that but I haven't heard any writers or commentators make that claim. Besides, he's retired and too old fight like he used to. I think you should just admit you want it because you want to see Floyd lose to Manny. No one else is clamoring for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OPS View Post
                  If anything you should be calling Juan Marquez out after that vicious knockout in your last fight with him.

He did, didn’t he? Marquez didn’t want to fight him no more. He said he was offered $100 million to fight Pac again but he refused.

Comment

Manny needs to let it go, he is in the twilight of his career, this is his swan song, don't allow Floyd to be part of the narrative.

Floyd won, he was the better fighter that night, and will be considered the greatest fighter of the era.

but finishing second is not so bad, Manny's run at a late age is so good for boxing, if he can beat a faded Thurman, it will create incredible buildup for a unification with Spence next year.

I am not the biggest fan of Manny, the BS shoulder injury, the aversion to drug testing, but I have become more of a fan during this second run, it's disappointing to see him begging for a fight with a retired fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjeagle1 View Post
                      He did. Top Rank threw the bank at Marquez(would have been his largest paycheck of his career) but he refused. I guess he was afraid of Pacquaio's payback. So Manny moved on. Marquez knew that Manny was dominating him when he got his lucky shot in and I guess he felt it is best to leave it at that, instead of risking a devastating loss to his rival.

Mayweather is considered the best fighter of his generation because of his undefeated record and it is quite anticlimactic that Manny fought him injured as we didn't get to see both fighters at their best.

Usually the best fighters of a generation fought each other more than once, just like Leonard, Hearns, Duran did in the welterweight division decades ago, to settle who really is the best.

Aside from Pacquaio, Mayweather could have fought Thurman before he retired. Unfortunately he would rather keep his undefeated record so he retired instead. Instead we see his greatest rival in his 40's taking on the young champions of today including Thurman.

If Manny continues to win against the young welterweight champions of today even in his 40's, I think most pundits would start elevating Pacquaio above Mayweather whether or not not they ever fight again.
                      Here's the problem with your theory. 1. Leonard, Hearns, & Duran really didn't have multiple fights in their prime. Leonard & Duran did have an immediate rematch but that was it. Their 3rd fight was WAY after their primes. Hearns & Duran fought once and Leonard/Hearns II was also WAY past it. If my serves me correctly it was nearing a decade or so between bouts.
                      2. People keep talking about Floyd beating an old version/injured version of Pacman but still talk about how well Manny is fighting against younger fighters now. If Manny is still that good then how past it was he when Money dominated him? Doesnt that speak to how much better Floyd was?

Comment

Working...
                      X