Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns vs. Jorge Linares WBA Eliminator in Play, Sept. 7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns vs. Jorge Linares WBA Eliminator in Play, Sept. 7

According to the Evening Standard, Ricky Burns has been handed one last crack at the big time by promoter Eddie Hearn. Burn, 36-years-old, will collide with Jorge Linares in a battle of three division world champion. The bout is reportedly a WBA lightweight eliminator. The bout will headline a card at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on September 7.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

HELL YES! damn he fights a lotta brits.

Comment

Interesting, Burns is washed at world level and has no power imo, but I think Linares' chin is completely gone. I'd wager on Linares' chin holding up and him beating Burns by something like 8-4/9-3

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          This is the kind of trash we've been getting as headliners in the UK since Hearn defected to try and Takeover the USA

Comment

I like this fight alot. I guess Linares decided to stay put rather than moving to 140.

Ricky Burns was never a bad fighter but if Linares fails to beat him, he needs to hang em up.

Comment

Give me Docherty, McGregor/Butcher, Brophy/Sims and Highlander/De Mori on this card

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
                HELL YES! damn he fights a lotta brits.
                That's what his career was built on. Oscar seems to be doing the same with Canelo with his showcase fights

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  I like this fight alot. I guess Linares decided to stay put rather than moving to 140.

Ricky Burns was never a bad fighter but if Linares fails to beat him, he needs to hang em up.
                  Yeah, pretty good litmus test to see what Linares has left. Both have alot of mileage but I suspect that Linares dropoff will be more severe when we find out if he's completely shot. I have a feeling it will actually be a decent fight which probably doesn't bode well for Jorge.

Comment

Adrien Broner's cherry went up in flames............all he has now is Josesito Lopez...........

Comment

Working...
                    X