Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canelo vs Golovkin surpass 1.5 million PPV buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    GGG doesn't have the fanbase of Cotto or the Mexico vs PR rivalry so I don't see how it does above a million if Canelo vs Cotto couldn't. I'll gladly eat my words if wrong and would love to be wrong but I feel some people on here are overestimating how big the fight is.
    These are my exact sentiments as well

Comment

Won't go beyond 1mil but I'll be happy to be wrong..
      Canelo-Cotto barely reached 1mil ~900K.. if Golovkin KOs Jacobs in an impressive fashion then the sales might increase a bit but still wouldn't reach a mil imo..

Comment

Canelo would drive the PPV sales.

I tend to agree that GGG does not really have a rabid fanbase that will pay for a PPV.

But he is widely regarded in "hardcore" boxing circles.

I think that a Canelo PPV v. GGG would do better than a PPV v. Cotto, largely because Canelo fans would recognize GGG as a huge test and would turn out.

Plus all the hardcore boxing heads would definitely watch -- but, there's not alot of them, maybe 200K of them total -- but you add them tp the bigger group of Canelo's non-boxing fanbase (and Im not trying to talk $h!t here - anytime a boxer gets big: DLH, Money, Pac, Canelo -- alot of their fans are non-boxing fans - its the only way to make huge PPVs).

The GGG-Jacobs fight is one indicator of how a Canelo-GGG PPV would do - but I doubt that PPV does 200K - all the hardcore boxing heads.

I think the Canelo- Jr. PPV is a bigger indicator. Jr. isnt a big draw anymore. If Canelo can turn out like 600K of his fans on his own to see that stunt of a fight, that means Canelo's star continues to rise, and I could see more than 1M paying to see him fight GGG

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
          Do you think Canelo vs GGG in September 2017 will surpass 1.5 million PPV buys?
          Pump your bakes....hard.

You don't even know if GGG will beat Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
            These are my exact sentiments as well
            which one of the Tecate girls flexin them apples in your pic?

Comment

This fight will be lucky to see 500K PPVs.

Comment

no way. i'd be shocked. ppvs over a million buys are ultra rare, and were only common during hte height of pacquiao - mayweather. otherwise there have only been a few fighters / fights that sold that many ppv. mike tyson. oscar de la hoya. evander holyfield. these are some of the most popular fighters ever.

Comment

Working...
                X