No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson the first southpaw Pulev has faced in the professional ranks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Thompson the first southpaw Pulev has faced in the professional ranks

And for him to be inactive for almost a year and outbox the tricky Tony Thompson whose confidence was high sky after the Price fights - I don't think Pulev did that bad.

I mean Wlad didn't look great against Thompson even though he did manage to stop him, but what else is new Wlad has power and Kubrat doesn't.

I don't think Wlad was too worried about Tony's power at the time either, I think Kubrat was always conscious of it.

You are correct.

Considering Kubrat's inactivity and the short time he had to prepare for the first southpaw he's faced, and considering his southpaw sparring partner was a clubfighter named Welliver, Pulev did very well today.

Comment

Good points, I forgot he only had a month or so to prepare and I think he might've come the heaviest of his career as well. All in all as disappointing as it was to see Pulev not making use of all his natural abilities he didn't look bad considering all the circumstances around this fight.

Comment

That is why every fighter should fight at least 2,3 southpaws in their first 12-15 fights,,,
        I dont care if they are journeymen or bums,,, you need the experience of an awkward southpaw before you face a ranked southpaw

Comment

Working...
        X