No announcement yet.

Does your girlfriend/wife hate boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
    Nah she doesn't like it and sometimes she even says crazy things like 'Just don't watch that fight this weekend, its not that important.'

Some women just dont understand, when theres a big fight on it pretty much becomes one of the most important things in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
      Some women just dont understand, when theres a big fight on it pretty much becomes one of the most important things in the world
      lol you said it man. Thats the way it is. Watching a big fight live, knowing millions are tuned in at the same time - its something special.

Everyone has their little things they look forward to....

It was funny last week, I came back from holiday not knowing the Cloud-Woods/Bailey-Urango results. After I'd rested, I downloaded the fights that evening and settled myself to watch them...but turns out I wasn't allowed watch them...

I couldn't take no for an answer...I'd been avoiding the results for a long time so we argued until I fecked off to a room on my own to watch them on an old laptop...sigh

Comment

My wife does and likes Taylor and Cotto. I don't like either, but respect them.

Comment

lol you said it man. Thats the way it is. Watching a big fight live, knowing millions are tuned in at the same time - its something special.

It was funny last week, I came back from holiday not knowing the Cloud-Woods/Bailey-Urango results. After I'd rested, I downloaded the fights that evening and settled myself to watch them...but turns out I wasn't allowed watch them...

I couldn't take no for an answer...I'd been avoiding the results for a long time so we argued until I fecked off to a room on my own to watch them on an old laptop...sigh
          thats crazy man, im sure ur girl has things that she likes to enjoy too... its only fair you get to enjoy what you like

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            thats crazy man, im sure ur girl has things that she likes to enjoy too... its only fair you get to enjoy what you like
            yeah you're right reed, boxing gets a hard rap in my relationship lol

Comment

Ah thats not cool man, why wernt you allowed to watch them? was she using the computer or something?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                My girl loves boxing... one of the reasons we started talking is because she told me she was watching a boxing ppv.... by herself.... and that she gets ALL the ppvs...

then another night... on a friday, i txt her and ask her what shes doing... and she says shes at a wedding rehearsel and asks me what im doing... i say im watching friday night fights..

without missing a beat she goes.... OH! will you text me and tell me if Gamboa wins!????

wow...
                Nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                  Ah thats not cool man, why wernt you allowed to watch them? was she using the computer or something?
                  I usually have my laptop hooked up to my TV and watch stuff through that. But she didn't want to watch the boxing. And also she didn't want me to go and watch them on an old laptop I had. She wanted me to watch them some other time cause we were home that day from holiday (no-where far). So fair enough, I waited til later in night and wanted to watch em then, but same deal.

She was gettin' mad cause I'd rather watch the fights then get some good sleep.

lol, I get mad when I'm kept from fights I want to see, so I just got angry and went and watched them on the old laptop.

Comment

I usually have my laptop hooked up to my TV and watch stuff through that. But she didn't want to watch the boxing. And also she didn't want me to go and watch them on an old laptop I had. She wanted me to watch them some other time cause we were home that day from holiday (no-where far). So fair enough, I waited til later in night and wanted to watch em then, but same deal.

She was gettin' mad cause I'd rather watch the fights then get some good sleep.

lol, I get mad when I'm kept from fights I want to see, so I just got angry and went and watched them on the old laptop.

I would have done the same man, shame your girl hates it but what can you do. As long as she doesnt make you watch Sex in the City and all that bollocks then its all cool

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
                      If so, how do you deal with this inconvinience? My girl does yet tonight I continued to talk about my exitement at the impending Mayweather/Marquez bout to which she didn't care.
                      My lady had no choice You just bombard them with boxing DVD's, boxing night with the fella's, Boxing gym in the basement, training equiptment in the bedroom, on the enclosed porch, boxing - Boxing - Boxing.

They will come to realize that its a losing battle and learn to like it.

That's how my lady came around .... An overwhelming bombardment.

Comment

Working...
                      X