Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvador Sanchez vs Aaron Pryor. Who wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't see it. The areas where Nelson was losing the fight in, Pryor is better. Pryor also has the better stamina and chin, and would have more ring experience. So if Nelson lasts 15 before a stoppage, how does Pryor not make it to the finish line? You bring up some questionable Pryor performances, but you can chalk that up to fighting at the level of the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
      A green Nelson beat the hell out of Sanchez. I had him up by a point or two before the stoppage. Pyror would be attacking Sanchez in much of the same way, except with better balance, better chin, and obviously more experience to know how to cope with Sanchez.

Pryor by decision. His first fight with Arguello says it all. Even if you beat his ass, he'd come back stronger and make you pay for it.
      Nelson never hurt Sanchez as badly as Sanchez did to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Doc View Post
        Nelson never hurt Sanchez as badly as Sanchez did to him.
        OK? It's a measuring stick dude. Prime Pryor > Green Nelson. I use him because the method of attack is similar.

Comment

OK? It's a measuring stick dude. Prime Pryor > Green Nelson. I use him because the method of attack is similar.
          He got KO'ed by a pre prime Sanchez.

True Story.

Comment

I just don't see it. The areas where Nelson was losing the fight in, Pryor is better. Pryor also has the better stamina and chin, and would have more ring experience. So if Nelson lasts 15 before a stoppage, how does Pryor not make it to the finish line? You bring up some questionable Pryor performances, but you can chalk that up to fighting at the level of the opposition.

What makes you think Pryor had a better chin than Nelson? id hazard a guess that Pryor visited the canvas more times than Nelson, Pryor got dropped many times.

Because Nelson had a great chin to and he was never dispatched like that by anyone else in career.

If you think Pryor win thats cool because its a hard fight to call, but i myself think Sanchez would win and whilst im not saying he would KO Pryor, im not ruling it out either, because even if Pryor's tendency to leave his chin out did not get him knocked out, it would most prolly make it easier for Sanchez to land clean hard shots on him to rack up points to score a decision.

But its a close fight so........

Comment

He got KO'ed by a pre prime Sanchez.

True Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                What makes you think Pryor had a better chin than Nelson? id hazard a guess that Pryor visited the canvas more times than Nelson, Pryor got dropped many times.

Because Nelson had a great chin to and he was never dispatched like that by anyone else in career.

If you think Pryor win thats cool because its a hard fight to call, but i myself think Sanchez would win and whilst im not saying he would KO Pryor, im not ruling it out either, because even if Pryor's tendency to leave his chin out did not get him knocked out, it would most prolly make it easier for Sanchez to land clean hard shots on him to rack up points to score a decision.

But its a close fight so........
                Eh, you may be right about the chin. I guess the obvious disparity is the recovery skills. Pryor went down, then came back up like he was fresh as a daisy.

Comment

Comment

Eh, you may be right about the chin. I guess the obvious disparity is the recovery skills. Pryor went down, then came back up like he was fresh as a daisy.

Nelson did not ? Nelson's chin was just as good.

He did not look fresh as a daisy when he got hit hard by Johnson.

Comment

You called Sanchez pre-prime genius. Nelson was his last fight...

And if you meant post-prime, you're still wrong. It wasn't his last fight cuz he was past it. It was his last fight cuz he was killed.

Comment

Working...
                      X