No announcement yet.

This is a weak card!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a weak card!

Brock and Randy are good, but besides the main event the only other card interesting for me is Kenny and Joe. The rest looks like a waste of PPV money.

I guess Zuffa spent the majority of the salary budget on Brock and Randy's purse. What's left over is peanuts for the rest of the B rated fighters.

UFC® 91 COUTURE vs LESNAR

Date Time: LIVE TONIGHT @ 10om
    Event Type: PPV Live

Randy Couture 15-8-0 Vs. Brock Lesnar 2-1-0
    Kenny Florian 12-3-0 Vs. Joe Stevenson 34-8-0
    Gabriel Gonzaga 9-3-0 Vs. Josh Hendricks 15-4-0
    Nate Quarry 16-2-0 Vs. Demian Maia 9-0-0
    Dustin Hazelett 13-4-0 Vs. Tamdan McCrory 11-1-0

The following may not be broadcast...

Jorge Gurgel 15-4-0 Vs. Aaron Riley 11-5-0
    Jeremy Stephens 15-3-0 Vs. Rafael dos Anjos 11-2-0
    Alvin Robinson 10-3-0 Vs. Mark Bocek 5-2-0
    Matt Brown 10-7-0 Vs. Ryan Thomas 13-2-0

All fighters on the nine fight card made weight for the event.

Its weak in terms of names but it is actually a good looking card if you do research. Brock and Randy will hopefully put on a good match. Florian and Stevenson should put on a submission clinic. Nate Rock Quarry always comes to fight and Maia is a BJJ expert so you got one of those Strikers vs Grapplers fight where only two outcomes are possible. Gonzaga is hot and cold so it just depends which one of him shows up.

Comment

I think its a solid card top to bottom. . .

Gonzaga/Hendricks should be exciting, both guys like to come forward and let it all hang out.

Quarry/Maia is a good matchup stylistically simply due to its Striker vs Grappler, plus I am interested to see how Quarry's awkward style holds up against Maia's unbelievable grappling skill.

Hazlett/McCrory is prolly the dark horse bout. Hazlett is one impressive kid and at 22 he has so much to look forward to, his armbar on Josh Burkman was fantastic. McCrory is the same. Plus, they both have very good submission skills so it could be a grapple fest.

As far as the undercard goes. Great to see Aarron Riley again, guy has a great chin (guy went 15 minutes with Robbie Lawler and took some monster shots and didn't go anywhere), loves to slug and he's facing a guy who even though is a grappler by design, loves to slug it out as well.

Stephens/Anjos is a great mesh of styles. Anjos with his BJJ background and Stephens with his fast paced aggressive style. I don't see this fight going the distance.

Robinson/Bocek is a good fight. Both guys coming off of losses, both aggressive, tough and relentless whether they win or lose.

Brown/Thomas looks like a bit of a gimme for Brown. After getting in some peoples eyes screwed in his last bout he is bound to be pissed. Thomas doesn't like taking it but sure does love to dish it out. He'll have to be at his best because Brown will come out looking to kill him.

Comment

92 will make up for it

Comment

It is one of the weaker card but there are at least 4 cards this that were weaker (UFC 80, 81, 85 [maybe] , 86, 89)

Comment

Working...
          X