Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fres Oquendo-Zuri Lawrence on Brewster-Seldon Card!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fres Oquendo-Zuri Lawrence on Brewster-Seldon Card!

Tickets Now On Sale For Lamon Brewster-Bruce Seldon 11/29 Homecoming Card in Indianapolis

Indianapolis, IN - Tickets for "Relentless" Lamon Brewster's homecoming fight in Indianapolis are now on sale and priced to move. The former WBO heavyweight champion, (34-4, 30 KO) will be competing in front of his home crowd for the first time since his amateur days. "The Homecoming", promoted by Relentless Events and C'Believe, will take place November 29 at the Conseco Fieldhouse.

"I wanted to make the tickets affordable because we're living in tough economic times," Brewster says. "There's so much stress on the country and people don't want to spend a lot of money for a night out. What I wanted to do in my first fight at home is make this a celebration where everybody can enjoy themselves stress-free. I brought a very good card together and I hope Indiana comes out to support it."

Brewster will not be facing a pushover, however. His opponent Bruce Seldon is also a former heavyweight champion. Seldon, who won the WBA heavyweight crown with a knockout of Tony Tucker, brings an imposing record of 38-7 with 34 knockouts to the table and has gone to battle with six heavyweight champions in his accomplished career.

With trainer Shadeed Suluki back in his corner Brewster feels reinvigorated and ready to make an impression in Indianapolis. "I want to inspire the kids around the city and show them that they can achieve their dreams because I have. They get to see the warrior that came from the same city as them who became heavyweight champion of the world."

The fight is scheduled for twelve rounds with the North American Boxing Association Heavyweight title at stake.

In the co-main event, two-time heavyweight title challenger "Fast" Fres Oquendo of Chicago will face tough contender Zuri Lawrence of Poughkeepsie, NY for the WBC Latino heavyweight title. Oquendo, (29-4, 18 KOs) is looking to extend his winning streak to four since dropping a controversial decision to the legendary Evander Holyfield in 2006. Oquendo has scored impressive knockout wins over Clifford Etienne, David Izon and Maurice Harris. Lawrence, (24-14-4) has pulled off upset wins over Jameel McCline and Paolo Vidoz and is coming off a dominant victory against 43-1 Albert Sosnowski.

Former light-heavyweight title challenger George "Honey Boy" Blades of Indianapolis will be in action against an opponent to be named. Blades, (21-4, 15 KO) challenged for the WBO light-heavyweight title last year, giving Zsolt Erdei all he could handle in his native Hungary for 11 rounds. His road back to the top begins at home in a six-round contest.

Rugged contender Danny Batchelder, (25-6-1, 12 KO) of Saratoga, NY will face the globe-trotting warrior Otis Tisdale, (25-22-1, 15 KO) of Charlotte, NC in a six-round heavyweight attraction. Batchelder is trained by former world champion Roger Mayweather.

Hometown heavyweight prospect Franklin "Ya-Ya" Lawrence, (10-1-2, 5 KO) looks to move himself closer to title contention with a win over Cruz "El Toro" Quintana of Kearney, NE.

Local heavyweight favorite Enrique "Yaqui" Ruiz, (20-4, 16 KO) will also be in action in a four-round contest. More bouts and a musical act will be announced shortly.

Tickets, which range from $17 to $152, are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 317-239-5151 . They can also be purchased at the Conseco Fieldhouse box office, which is open Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. VIP Tables are also available for purchase. Doors open at 7:00 PM and first bout begins at 7:30 PM.

For more information on this and other Relentless Events, visit www.relentlessevents.net .

Nice to see some of the heavyweights becoming active again.

Fighters' inactivity and some poor matchmaking has really hurt the heavyweight division.

Comment

They should have Brewster vs. Oquendo and Seldon vs. Lawrence.

Comment

what a ****ty card

Comment

Working...
        X