Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Fight Of The Year: Dereck Chisora vs Dillian Whyte?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its up there but its still Lebedev vs Gassiev for me personally.
    This fight had it all.
    Knockdown, unbelievable will and both displayed very good skills. Great back & forth action and it left me more on the edge of my seat feeling either guy could end it at any moment.

Whyte vs Chisora was a good old slugfest but the technique and skill level wasn't exactly off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      This fight had it all.
      Knockdown, unbelievable will and both displayed very good skills. Great back & forth action and it left me more on the edge of my seat feeling either guy could end it at any moment.

Whyte vs Chisora was a good old slugfest but the technique and skill level wasn't exactly off the charts.
      True. If Chisora had the stamina to keep attacking he would have ended Whyte early. Still a hell of a fight, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        This fight had it all.

That was a cruiserweight title fight, not heavyweight but I thought Levedev won it. Great fight too.

Comment

Ah my bad. HW FOTY then yh I guess it is.
          I can't even think of any other contenders actually..

Comment

One of the most exciting fights i have seen this year, i was glued to the tv screen, it went right down to the wire

Comment

Definitely

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
                Unfortunately I didn't catch this but I'm not sure if Chisora was able to wind back the years or Whyte really isn't that good, which lead to this fight being competitive. maybe it is a bit of both?
                It was a bit of both combined, plus the grudge they had made them both want to get stuck in there, whereas Whyte has shown before he can fight at range but he didn't do that much in this fight. That could partly be due to Chisora closing the distance down quickly too. Check it out, highly recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  One of the most exciting fights i have seen this year, i was glued to the tv screen, it went right down to the wire
                  Razor close and looks like the rematch could be on in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Razor close and looks like the rematch could be on in a few months.
                    I hope so but i can see Whyte walking away from the rematch with 'bigger fish to fry'

Comment

What about Lucas Browne-Ruslan Chagaev?

Comment

Working...
                      X