Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe- one of the greatest of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post

An absolute beast. I'm surprised he didn't kill anyone in the ring.
    Terry O'Connor has been Robbing Americans for over a decade! Another Classic Example of Britts doing us dirty.

Comment

Nobody in history slapped better than him and won so many fights by doing so.

Seriously, he was a good fighter alongside good match making and timing in the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        Calzaghe style was hard to beat,isane work rate and stamina,top wins in SMW by some standards we can call him ATG its debatable,he won over many good fighters but 2 biggest wins are over old fighters its hard to find good prime win for Joe.

Shamelessly ducked Glen Johnson....a guy Sven Ottke beat.

Actually fought the loser of an elimination bout for his paper title.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          he took on all comers? you do realize this is the guy who said he was scared of flying and thats why he couldn't fight certain guys, this is the guy that pulled out of multiple fights because he was scared according to his own promoter, this is the guy that signed to fight glen johnson many times and had to pay him if calzaghe pulled out...and he pulled out! this is the guy that turned down a huge offer from pavlik, this is the guy that refused to rematch reid and hopkins in controversial fights, and this is the guy that didn't fight any of the top guys until 9 years after he became a champ.

this is also the guy who said "i only want easy fights"

this doesn't sound like he takes on all comers at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            is there any fighter in boxing you dont dislike? Dont think ive ever commented about a fighter without you saying they were **** or overrated

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              trust me joe was avoided, read his autobiography many times. joe was desperate for that breakout fight when he was younger but he was seen as too risky at the time for jones etc to fight

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                 photo Manfredo.gif

An absolute beast. I'm surprised he didn't kill anyone in the ring.
                Tell me about it

He could give a mofo pneumonia with all that wind.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  is there any fighter in boxing you dont dislike? Dont think ive ever commented about a fighter without you saying they were **** or overrated
                  I should be asking you that.

you have one helluva nerve to constantly bash CERTAIN fighters for being boring...and then turn right around and lapdance the most boring fighter...ever.

It's Joe's complexion you like....nothing more.

Comment

I should be asking you that.

you have one helluva nerve to constantly bash CERTAIN fighters for being boring...and then turn right around and lapdance the most boring fighter...ever.

It's Joe's complexion you like....nothing more.
                    watch kessler v calzaghe and then tell me joe was a boring fighter...

Comment

Shamelessly ducked Glen Johnson....a guy Sven Ottke beat.

Actually fought the loser of an elimination bout for his paper title.
                      whooped the best america had to offer, your golden boy jeff lacy, and two legends- hopkins and jones jr

Comment

Working...
                      X