Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO hurts itself by shunning Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO ain't hurting itself at all IMO. When they're making that sweet, sweet Game of Thrones money, they couldn't give two shits about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
      HBO ain't hurting itself at all IMO. When they're making that sweet, sweet Game of Thrones money, they couldn't give two shits about boxing.
      Exactly... that's why they will dump boxing altogether.

That'd be great for the sport.

Comment

pacquiao is yesterdays news. and he is considered bad news now. Yeah you can say hes welcome to his opinion but what good did pacquiao think would come out of making them comments about gays. Couple this with *****ing about mayweather daily and ducking crawford.., people have no interest in this guy now

Comment

If HBO drops boxing 10000 subscribers like myself will cancel. There are a ton of movie channels, boxing was the reason I have it.

Comment

Paqcuaio could have been a victim of a gay man's advances when he was a kid. We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I would disagree. They still have Canelo, #1 PPV draw. They have Crawford, Kov, Ward,and chocolito, arguably the top 4 p4p in the sport. They have GGG and Loma who are highly skilled fan favorites who are 1 big win away IMO from being legitimate top 7 p4p boxers. They have Ortiz who is a big punching HWT.
              So who are they going to use for HBO fights? Canelo vs. Saunders? Ward vs. Brand? Kovalev vs. Chilemba on MONDAY night? Chocolatito means nothing to the average HBO viewer, and everything else has been overmatched sparring sessions. They have nothing that would warrant an HBO subscription.

The only problem is HBO doesn't have access to quality opposition for their top guys. Soon as they get it they will be ok.
              At first I thought you had said something intelligent, but then you immediately nullified it by following it with something asinine.

Absolutely correct that HBO has no opponents...GB and TR are in a dry spell, and Haymon isn't going to save them except for no-hopers like Wade, Breaeale and Khan...and that's not changing anytime soon. "Soon as they get it" is easier said than done. Prospects are no better for HBO in the near future.
              Last edited by BennyBlanco; 08-11-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

don't forget that GGG and Loma have become the face of the populist movement in boxing.
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Loma is "the face of the populist movement in boxing"???? Hardcore fans are bored by him, and casual fans have never heard of him.

Funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by PKing View Post
                  The end is coming for HBO boxing.

Dwindling viewership a budget that will continue to get chopped and PPVS that can't break 300k buys (means they can't make money on them).

Pacquiao was the last carrot they had to dangle in front of welter in order to generate them higher paydays than the $2 million max for regular license fees. Now PBC and Showtime are firmly in the driver's seat.

When HBO gets out of boxing, it will be great for US boxing as PBC will own everything.
                  HBO has been sliding downhill ever since Floyd left them.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    Paqcuaio could have been a victim of a gay man's advances when he was a kid. We don't know.
                    Who...Oscar?????

Comment

Originally posted by MartinC View Post
                      If HBO drops boxing 10000 subscribers like myself will cancel. There are a ton of movie channels, boxing was the reason I have it.
                      Ahahahahaha! 10,000 subscribers for boxing.

That equates to $7 × 10,000 per month = $70,000 × 12 months = $840,000 per year for HBO.

Spending $25 million to make $840,000 LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X