No announcement yet.

Best Hip-Hop movies of all-time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Paid in full, seen it so many times when I was younger like smoking weed.

Comment

Colors, Menace to Society, Boyz n tha Hood, and Jason Lyrics.

Comment

I posted other or else I would have picked Paid In Full. But really that doesn't qualify as a hip hop movie that's more of a crime movie. You might want to change the thread title because half of the movies you posted are crime movies. Best hip hop movie in my opinion is Hustle & Flow. "Man, you Jehovah Witnesses are some brave moth******!"

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post

Love Belly! The opening acapella song makes me want to jack for living everytime I hear it!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Can't believe you actually left out Boyz N Da Hood. It has Ice Cube in it so it should be considered a Hip Hop movie, plus it has a big cult following in the hip hop community, and it has been the target of many references in hip hop songs. **** The Game made a song called Ricky based on the part of the movie where Ricky dies lol.

That is the exact equivalent of asking who are the greatest boxers of all time and leaving out Sugar Ray Robinson, come on a.t.

Of the list though, Juice, Paid In Full, and Straight Outta Compton were legit good films in general, forget about specifically putting them under hip hop only. Well written, well directed. Those were not some C level black starring films. Those were A level crime movies, and SOC was an A level biographical.
              Yea I messed up. Should've put that up there instead of Notorious

Comment

honorable mention for Breakin II Electric Bogaloo. It's rare that a sequel is better than the original

Comment

La Haine
                  Beat Street
                  House Party

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                    La Haine
                    Beat Street
                    House Party
                    That's one of my favorite all time movies in general. Didn't know it was considered as a hip hop film.

Comment

La Haine is awesome.

Friday gets my vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X