Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank your Top 5 favorite Chili Pepper albums???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I like enough of them to make a top 5. I agree with Piggy on the self indulgent point, their albums are always full of filler tracks and I don't think they've ever released an album where I've liked over half the songs.

As a collective band they're amazing musicians but that doesn't always equal great music.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
      What kind of human being doesn't like the Chilli Peppers?
      Ones who don't like seventeen minute long power ballands and funk pop?

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
      I don't think I like enough of them to make a top 5. I agree with Piggy on the self indulgent point, their albums are always full of filler tracks and I don't think they've ever released an album where I've liked over half the songs.

As a collective band they're amazing musicians but that doesn't always equal great music.
      Yeah all the guitar ****s at college thought that Yngwie Malmsteen shat diamonds and farted cancer cures, but he's never written a song that was worth a damn. Great musician, possibly the best guitarist on the planet but so what?

They're all fine musicians (except Anthony Keidis who is a crap vocalist and a tedious lyricist) but together they produce appalling noise. Fuck em.

If you wanted to listen to something that's in a similar genre to RHCP but isn't complete garbage then try Faith No More.

Comment

If your answer to this question is anything other then "I've never owned one" Then you might be a gay

Comment

I quite liked them at the age of 11

Comment

They have done some good songs.

No they haven't, ha, I was joking! They're shit!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! They are wearing socks on penis!

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Lightbulbs costumes!

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Fire hats!

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! THREE OF THEM CARRY THE OTHER ONE! A HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA AAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAH!

I knew a kid at school who did a great impression of Flea. Because that kid was an utter ****.
              Lol....

I liked the Red Hot Chilli Peppers until I reached puberty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Lol....

I liked the Red Hot Chilli Peppers until I reached puberty.
                Before you reach puberty is the time you find guys putting socks on their balls funny. After that they're just a couple of guitars and a microphone away from being crazy homeless guys.

Comment

Too each their own. But Chad Smith and Flea are one of the best rhythm sections in music, and Frusciante is/was an epic guitar player. Kiedis I get the hate, the guy is total **** stick. Often times his lyrics leave you think WTF WAS DUDE ON WHEN HE WROTE THIS ****???

I actually had a chance to meet him one time back in 2003. My then girlfriend won an online contest for a trip to Ireland, and a chance to see Coldplay, RHCP, and U2 at Slane Castle. I don't really care for U2, but Coldplay is alright, and I love the Chili Peppers. Amazing concert. But at the airport before flying back to the US I saw Kiedis in the airport just waiting like everyone else. Now i know celebs get it a lot and it probably gets tiring.....but I just passed by and was like "Hey man you guys ****ing killed it the other night, great show", and he just looked at me sideways and didn't say a word. Cool man. He is a ****ing douche.

But he fits perfectly what they do IMO. I mainly listen to the Peppers for the music.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication are classic records of the 90s, and regardless how you feel about the guys, they're legends in music.
                  Last edited by 4Corners; 02-09-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X