Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Berto - Guerrero outcome be different with Kenny Bayless refereeing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    You were the one who said there was no way Guerrero could hurt or drop Berto. Want to revisit that statement and admit Guerrero surprised you.
    Berto was never hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
      why do you assume that fan is a fan of mayweather?
      To him it's Mexicans against blacks, and it shouldn't be. Margarito took criticism and beatings that this clown has never gotten over. He has to blow these wins up. It's been a no contest historically.

Comment

I was there live close up and if anything berto deserved to lose points for all the horrible punches that he through to the back of the head of Guerrero.

Comment

I think the Berto we saw last night was a better version than the one who lost to Ortiz. He was well prepared mentally and physically, but he was completely surprised by Robert's game plan. I can't remember anyone predicting the Ghost would take the fight to Berto and fight him phone both style.

Comment

I don't care that it only has two votes, let it be known I'm one of them: I think the fight would be totally different with a different referee. That holding and hitting **** that caused the first knockdown also changed the trajectory of the fight. Anyone but a blind ref would have seen that and put a stop to it immediately. It was a domino effect because it also lead to punishment and a second KD in round two, and before long Berto couldn't see clearly even after he recovered. Berto had The Ghost frustrated in the first round which is why he pulled that stunt in the first place. I don't believe the rematch would be fought in the trenches the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
              I don't care that it only has two votes, let it be known I'm one of them: I think the fight would be totally different with a different referee. That holding and hitting **** that caused the first knockdown also changed the trajectory of the fight. Anyone but a blind ref would have seen that and put a stop to it immediately. It was a domino effect because it also lead to punishment and a second KD in round two, and before long Berto couldn't see clearly even after he recovered. Berto had The Ghost frustrated in the first round which is why he pulled that stunt in the first place. I don't believe the rematch would be fought in the trenches the same way.
              The referee tarnished the fight being fair. And some are underestimating just how much a knockdown can change things. That really took Berto out of his game right away. Guerrero might've still won though, but not in this fashion. Would've been that much closer of a fight.

Comment

Working...
              X