Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can beat Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if anyone can but I'd like to see him Vs Robert Helenius, who is listed at 6'6 just like him and Ko'd Samuel Peter in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
      I hope Povetkin gets rid of Teddy Atlas. He's ruining him, IMO. I think before Atlas got to him he had the best chance to beat either of the Klit brothers, but I don't know if he can with Atlas as his trainer.
      I do think Sasha has made some improvements with his head &^ upperbody movement, lateral movement and not simply coming in or moving back in straight lines and turning his opponent while on the inside after throwing a combo.

The negatives of working with Atlas which are his inactivity, horrible opposition, and absoloute cowardice in declining a shot at the HW championship far outway the positives though. I agree he needs to get rid of him

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
      I don't know if anyone can but I'd like to see him Vs Robert Helenius, who is listed at 6'6 just like him and Ko'd Samuel Peter in April.
      Pulev too. He's 6'4 1/2 250lbs.

Comment

Vitali......

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          plus Povetkin & Boytsov then Pulev and Glazkov in 1 1/2 - 2 years. There's quite a few good challenges out there for him. The ****ty thing is if he has to fight Chagaev or Chambers again due to mandatories.
          Povetkin has even a lesser chance than Haye and Chambers, which is why he will never fight Wladimir. Povetkin defense is still suspect and he has a big head.

Boystov is still green, he seems a bit slow, looks stiff. He's been a pro for over 6 years, still hasn't fought anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            Povetkin has even a lesser chance than Haye and Chambers, which is why he will never fight Wladimir. Povetkin defense is still suspect and he has a big head.

Boystov is still green, he seems a bit slow, looks stiff. He's been a pro for over 6 years, still hasn't fought anyone.
            Boystov is only 25. His handlers are smart to be moving him along this slow; the Klitschkos will be long-since retired by the time he's looking to challenge for a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
              his older brother
              This is my answer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post

-Povetkin can fight moving forward, Haye can't

-Povetkin is perhaps the best combination puncher at HW, Haye doesn't throw combinations

- Povetkin can fight on the inside and throws short hooks and uppercuts, in combos

- Povetkin is a good body puncher

- Povetkin has a jab

- Povetkin has endless stamina

with his improved upperbody & head movement along with lateral movement so long as Sasha has a chin it seems to me that he has alot of tools in his arsenal that you need against Volodymyr. Ones that most opponents including Haye didn't.

Whether or not Povetkin grows a pair of balls though is another question.

Comment

Originally posted by DR BOB View Post
                  Lennox Lewis could come out of retirement and destroy him
                  no way, he won't and he knows why. he's too old for the top dog.

Comment

I like Helenius and think he'd have a shot at catching Wlad. Not sure he's fast enough to catch him while trying to box or one-shot, which is what most of Wlad's opponents are relegated to doing after eating some jabs.

Povetkin sure seemed like he had promise and could be groomed to fair well in the division before Teddy Atlas got hold of him and made his career fade into bolivian.

I'm sure this will sound stupid, but I'd give guys like Adamek or Arreola better chances than most of the other fighters mentioned if for no other reason than they'll keep trying to win and not just fight to survive or not hurt a toe. I wouldn't expect either of them to win though.

Heavyweight just went right back to being totally useless.

Comment

Povetkin does throw a great left-hook.

But I dunno how good he is anymore. Crappy opposition.

And how old is he anyway? isn't he older than Haye?

Comment

Working...
                      X