No announcement yet.

The Official: Rungvisai Hype Train / War Wagon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I am actually still a Chocolatito fan but Ringvisai inspired me in the first fight! A underdog story! A true warrior!
    no doubts, true warrior, but choco should have won that one

Comment

That's in part what makes this fight so compelling. I can't wait.
      Yea, that scenario is one of my favorites, leading up to a fight. The former champ needing to prove he's still got it, and the young lion looking to earn the respect he's due.

Comment

Just so people understand why Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is a quality fighter who deserves people's support. Here's some stuff you probably DIDN'T know before he whooped on Choco.

Originally posted by Reddit
        What makes this so incredibly ****ing special, and what a lot of people don't know is that Sor Rungvisai was never meant to be anything other than a journeyman.

His first manager was a complete snake who wanted to milk as much money as possible and planned to make Sor Rungvisai into nothing more than a can who took losses abroad.

He was fed to overmatched opponents in Japan in 3 of his first 5 fights, with bouts against future 3 weight champion and current IBF light flyweight champ Akira Yaegashi and the then 16-0-2 Kenji Oba. After those 5 fights he was 1-3-1 with 2 of those losses coming by way of knockout. He was never EVER meant to amount to anything more than a stepping stone for other fighters, the proverbial 4-76 bum that goes to other people's hometowns to pad their stats, much less become a world champion. And now look what he's done.

Sor Rungvisai might have very well just booked himself a place in the International Boxing Hall of Fame with such a historic and monumental upset. I'm being dead serious. And if he gets in he'll be only the second Thai fighter in the HOF after Khaosai Galaxy. Personally, I think he deserves it. If guys like Yoko Gushiken, Myung-Woo Yuh, and Jung-Koo Chang are in the Hall I don't see why Rungvisai doesn't belong after this victory. Those 3 guys never beat anyone NEARLY as good as Chocolatito. Not even half as good. Perhaps a third, or maybe a fourth.

I'll leave you with this passage from an interview he gave recently....
        Sor Rungvisai: “When I was in Bangkok, I had to walk 60 miles back and forth to get a job as a security guard. Given that I had no money, I sometimes had to collect and eat garbage from trash cans behind department stores for my survival. A good day would be drinking soup from 5 cents instant noodle pack while giving all the noodles to my girlfriend who moved with me from Si Sa Ket.”
        He is the model of what it used to mean to be a fighter. Someone who literally fought against adversity just so he could live a dream. Then goes on to beat a guy people think is #1 P4P.

He and Jeff "The Hornet" Horn are the real MVPs of today's boxing. Everyday guys who beat The Man. McGregor woulda, but he failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          Never watched him or the guy he beat but I'm here for a free ride.
          !!!#######WAR Rungsavi#######!!!!!!
          Wait..you didn't see the first fight?

Comment

Dis ***** fo real! Respect to Rung for taking that W in a relentless way.

Comment

Rungvisai and Horn taking the boxing world by surprise haha

This is a new era we've come upon boys, all heil the underdogs!

Comment

Y pegue! Y pegue! Y pegue Rungvisai pegue!

Take a bow

Comment

Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
                  Rungvisai and Horn taking the boxing world by surprise haha

This is a new era we've come upon boys, all heil the underdogs!
                  Lol, don't try to piggyback crappy ass Horn on Rung's success.

I'm glad Rung validated my sentiments that he won the 1st fight.

Comment

Comment

What a win

Comment

Working...
                      X