No announcement yet.

Mitchell vs. Estrada fight thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell vs. Estrada fight thread.

Notsure how it works around here, but last forum I came from had a thread to discuss the live fights.

Didn't see one for the Mitchell/Estrada fight (in England). Joshua vs Kevin Johnson used to be the main event but Joshua pulled out with an injury, so Mitchell v. Estrada is now the main event.

This should be a nice little scrap. Kevin Mitchell has a really nice style to watch - very fluid boxer/puncher/mover. Nice combinations he puts together, works jab off the back foot, and mixes it up in the pockket as well. Estrada could be too much for Mitchell, though, as he tends to fold under pressure. Even the lighter-hitting Burns was able to walk him down, using his height, and length as leverage to air him out.

Mitchell claims to finally be fully dedicated, and focused, though. So I guess we'll see.

If the Mitchell who cruised to a decision over Prescott shows up, he wins. If the one against Burns shows up, he egts stopped in 5-8 rounds.

Hopefully it's a good fight.

Not the best card.

Comment

It works like that here too, think this fight has flown under the radar a bit.

Comment

Going off the Figueroa fight, Estrada strings punches together well but is easy to hit. Mitchell has bottled it in his biggest fights and was losing his last fight before his oppo gassed badly. 50/50 imo.

Comment

Shocking stoppage from Phil Edwards. He was up at 9 and looking ok as well.

Comment

Oi! Ye fookin Limeys hogging up all the boxing today are ye? Ye fookin ****s! *spits*

Comment

so much apathy from godoy

Comment

Goodjohn Hibbert should be a good scrap.

Comment

That nearly put me to sleep that one.

Comment

Ryder Ko'd me before Godoy unfortunately.

Just got off nights. That was a shocking, shocking fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X