No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas on why he doesn't have gg top 10 but has Loma #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    if he had a fresh mullet he'd be the next ali, robinson, or sutherland.
    Honestly, and I hate to admit it, but Loma is equal (but not greater) to Brian in every boxing attribute. I never thought I'd see it, but game recognize game. The only department that Loma is lacking in is the mullet department.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Bigdummyshows list

My list
      Hahahaha. Bro absence is presence. I know you put Golovkin on top of those mere mortals.
      Last edited by Mequetrefe; 02-03-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Honestly, and I hate to admit it, but Loma is equal (but not greater) to Brian in every boxing attribute. I never thought I'd see it, but game recognize game. The only department that Loma is lacking in is the mullet department.

woah...
        let's not break out the anointing oil just yet!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          woah...
          let's not break out the anointing oil just yet!
          yeah i'm jumping the gun a little bit...let's just say in 7 or 8 years, if Lomachenko can keep up at his current pace, that he'll be close...real close

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Canelo turned pro at 18, so obviously he's going to move up divisions, but that doesn't make him better P4P. How many weight divisions a guy fought in is not relevant to a P4P discussion. The clue is in the term itself!

These lists are just subjective opinion, and everyone is entitled to an opinion. But saying one guy beats another guy the same weight as him, but isn't as good, P4P, is illogical. And didn't Teddy say that he's rating them by how good they are NOW, not by their past records.
            You keep saying that but they arent the same size... Ones been fighting a division lower then the other one his entire career. P4p is if they are the same size who's a better boxer. Its a very legit argument to say canelo is smaller than ggg and this is coming from someone who think the every 6/7 lbs seperating division is ridiculous.

Again dont say I'm being bias for canelo i think ggg skillset is way above canelo and bookmakers agree that hes already a 4\1 dog if the fight ever happens but he is coming from a lower division so i can see why he made that argument. Canelo fighting a weight drained bum at 164 doesnt prove hes a big guy just proves they know theyre not ready to face the beating he'll get against ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              He shouldn't be nowhere near top ten to be honest
              Not if it's not Danny in there
              I wouldn't go that far... he's on the fringes either just out or just in the top 10 but beating Danny will help secure it.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                You keep saying that but they arent the same size... Ones been fighting a division lower then the other one his entire career. P4p is if they are the same size who's a better boxer. Its a very legit argument to say canelo is smaller than ggg and this is coming from someone who think the every 6/7 lbs seperating division is ridiculous.

Again dont say I'm being bias for canelo i think ggg skillset is way above canelo and bookmakers agree that hes already a 4\1 dog if the fight ever happens but he is coming from a lower division so i can see why he made that argument. Canelo fighting a weight drained bum at 164 doesnt prove hes a big guy just proves they know theyre not ready to face the beating he'll get against ggg.
                Canelo said that his fight against Liam Smith was his last at 154 and he is still calling himself the Ring and Lineal MW champion of the world.

Canelo is a MW, and anybody who says he would lose to Golovkin ... but is still the better fighter P4P, is talking out of their anus!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  yeah i'm jumping the gun a little bit...let's just say in 7 or 8 years, if Lomachenko can keep up at his current pace, that he'll be close...real close

until he climbs to HW and knocks joshua out he's off of my boxing mt rushmore. for me, there's ali, robinson, sutherland, and no others. not saying lomachenko isn't good, but FFS this is robinson and sutherland we are talking about. sut-er-land!

Comment

I was awed by all the stupidity in Atlas' list

that I missed this gem.

So GGG would beat Canelo easily, but Canelo is much higher in a P4P sense b/c he's so much smaller and more skilled?

lol, Im glad ESPN revealed individual folks' p4p list, offers Teddy the attention that he craves.

Comment

Is Roman still in there?

Comment

Working...
                      X