Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Roy Jones who beat Ruiz vs. Wlad's last 6 opponents.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Roy Jones who beat Ruiz vs. Wlad's last 6 opponents.

How would the Roy who beat Ruiz do against Leapei, Povetkin, Pianeta, Wach, Thompson, and Mormeck?

I saw this topic on another site, and I thought I'd ask you guys.

Beats all easily, probably has a few issues with Povetkin.

Leapei = Highlight reel K.O
    Povetkin = Comfortable 117-111/116-112 type decision
    Pianeta = Another highlight reel finish
    Wach = Shut out
    Thompson = Lol the handspeed differential would be hilarious
    Mormeck = Stops around midpoint.

Comment

Povetkin KO's him.

The rest of all those fights are winnable.

Comment

Not really a fan of him but Povetkin could of potentially cracked him badly its not like Ruiz never caught RJJ and who knows maybe a few decently clean shots from Povetkin would of put Roy on queer street. I'd still lean towards Roy winning but I wouldn't bet on that for sure but other than that I agree he destroys/shut out the other 5.

Comment

i was gonna say Povetkin gives him trouble but to be honest i thought eddie chambers out boxed Povetkin (everyone has forgotten about that fight)

wow..........i have jones running through all six.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 07-06-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

you guys are under rating the power of heavyweights... trying to discredit Wlad won't add any victories to Jones hvywht record ..What was his total number of heavyweight fights and title defences? so easy yet he jumped back down the ranks

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
              you guys are under rating the power of heavyweights... trying to discredit Wlad won't add any victories to Jones hvywht record ..What was his total number of heavyweight fights and title defences? so easy yet he jumped back down the ranks

He went upto make history as he seen an easy route. As great as he was he'd of lost to a legitimate world class HW.

Outside of Povetkin these guys are rubbish. No discrediting, its just reality.
              Ruiz is a far better HW than at least 5 of the above mentioned none of which have so much as beaten a top 10 fighter.

You question what Roy did at HW, what on earth have Mormeck, Pianeta, Leapai, Wach or Thompson done?

Comment

When he was at the top Jones was very fast, he might be able to beat all those guys and stop Mormeck.

Comment

Originally posted by FilMor View Post
                  Povetkin KO's him.

The rest of all those fights are winnable.
                  Thompson is also unwinnable. Physically superior and far too skilled.

Pianeta and Wach are too big.

Mormeck is winnable for Roy if he put on weight or fought the CW version of Mormeck but not the Roy who beat Ruiz against the Mormeck who fought WK.

Leapai is the only opponent I would seriously consider a Roy victory against as at all likely. There's no range advantage for Leapai, Roy is many times faster and more skilled.

Of course if LEapai connects with anything significant Roy's head would be taken off. 50/50 UD for Roy (in which Leapai is not even hurt, just technically lost, or a massive KO loss for Roy after Roy dominates, like Foreman vs Moorer.)

No taking away anything from Roy. I have utmost respect for him and he is one of the greatest boxers lb for lb of all time but as good as his HW title was, he cherry picked the weakest champion to ever hold the title since Joe Frazier or Leon Spinks, fact!

Comment

Roy embarrasses them all! None of them offer anything. Povetkin could be competitive but still an easy decision.

Sure these are the heavyweights and all they need is to land one good punch but to touch Roy Jones back in the day is as hard as it is to touch a witness from witness protection. Good luck. The rest of those opponents are garbage.

Comment

Working...
                    X