Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come people don't call Mayweather boring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
    ***** admitting Shane was just a former shell of himself that night. LOL!
    When he said shane was a dead man walking he was referring to when Forrest had him hurt really bad in the first round of the fight that was not referring to the floyd fight. He didn't say what is in bold just to clarify. You probably just haven't seen that fight. You should check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Punch View Post
      Let's be frank, we now know why he has a safety first policy - his chin is fragile! I was honestly bored after about round 6/7 as I knew we were looking at another UD. Mayweather's tactics never altered throughout - barring that second round when he was seriously wobbled and holding on - it was high guard, side on with the chin under the left shoulder, never throwing anything that might compromise his defense. It all added up to a convincing UD and DULL fight. People slate Wladimir Klitschko for being a dull fighter but how come Mayweather gets away with an even more boring style? The guy is no showman - certainly no Leonard, Duran, Hearns or Hagler! He grinds out wins.

Pac-Man is the real star of that weight class. He puts on a show and gives it everything. Pac-Man>Mayweather. Pac-Man would batter him, that's my view.
      People don't call Mayweather boring? Where have you been man! He gets slated all over this place, runner, coward, ducker, people say about how his fights put them to sleep and so on...

Also, I disagree with the 'fragile chin' comment, if it was that fragile, Mosley would've sparked him last night in the 2nd.

Comment

Let's be frank, we now know why he has a safety first policy - his chin is fragile! I was honestly bored after about round 6/7 as I knew we were looking at another UD. Mayweather's tactics never altered throughout - barring that second round when he was seriously wobbled and holding on - it was high guard, side on with the chin under the left shoulder, never throwing anything that might compromise his defense. It all added up to a convincing UD and DULL fight. People slate Wladimir Klitschko for being a dull fighter but how come Mayweather gets away with an even more boring style? The guy is no showman - certainly no Leonard, Duran, Hearns or Hagler! He grinds out wins.

Pac-Man is the real star of that weight class. He puts on a show and gives it everything. Pac-Man>Mayweather. Pac-Man would batter him, that's my view.
        I've never been a fan of May, always admired his skill but his style has never been attractive to me but I thought he fought an amazing fight Saturday, he got through that little rough stretch after the second round, stepped on the gas and started to spank that butt. I became a more casual fan of his after this fight, he could of knock out Mosley but he chose not to which pissed me off a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          People don't call Mayweather boring? Where have you been man! He gets slated all over this place, runner, coward, ducker, people say about how his fights put them to sleep and so on...

Also, I disagree with the 'fragile chin' comment, if it was that fragile, Mosley would've sparked him last night in the 2nd.

He's a superb defensive fighter granted, but there's a reason for it and it was exposed in that second round. A younger hungrier version of Mosely might well have stopped him. Mosely was knackered from about round 8 on, but Mayweather just wouldn't step it up, I assume because he feared another shot on that chin. Pacquiao is a more exciting fighter because he goes all out for stoppages. To be honest I'm not even sure Pacquiao needs to fight Mayweather at all.

Comment

To be honest,i dont find floyd boring at all...his skill is an art by itself..its beautiful to watch him fight...

Comment

He's a superb defensive fighter granted, but there's a reason for it and it was exposed in that second round. A younger hungrier version of Mosely might well have stopped him. Mosely was knackered from about round 8 on, but Mayweather just wouldn't step it up, I assume because he feared another shot on that chin. Pacquiao is a more exciting fighter because he goes all out for stoppages. To be honest I'm not even sure Pacquiao needs to fight Mayweather at all.
              A younger version of Mosley would of made it a more competitive fight but it wouldn't of beaten Mayweather, Mosley's style has always been the same way just with fresher legs and faster hands, Floyd would of still spanked that butt.

Comment

Originally posted by TEDetc View Post
                Wait....a Wladamir fan calling other fighters boring?
                beat me to it

Comment

am a pac fan and i dont think pbf fighting mosley is boring at all. yes, pbf has a safety-first policy, however he showed the world his mastery of boxing, which is to hit and not be hit, the ring generalship and the IQ inside the ring.

Comment

Mayweather didn't once open up on Mosely, didn't once come out of his shell. And my point is if Wladimir is a dull fighter, Mayweather is even more dull. Certainly no entertainer. And his chin is now suspect.

Chin? Wlad has been down more times in one round than Mayweather has his entire life. Dont make me post the Puritty vids where he is recoiling to the floor like a little girl. But beyond that Wlad is boring for the entire fight, even if he gets a KO. Once in a while he'll have an exciting knockout like the Austin one, but for the most part its a bore fest.

A Mayweather UD has more highlights than a Wlad tko: Fact!

Comment

I always enjoy watching Mayweather, he defines the Sweet Science of Boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X