Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just recently got a stand, heavy bag and speed bag.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just recently got a stand, heavy bag and speed bag.

Since the beginning of the year, I've lost 25 pounds simply by cutting out sodas, sweets, junk food, etc, and eating more meals throughout the day, but much less portions. I drink nothing but water or Crystal light, and occasionally orange juice. I've also been either biking up to 8 miles, or walking/jogging 4 miles at least 3 times a week. This week however, I was able to walk/jog Monday through Friday. I can feel my stamina getting better as each day goes by.

Yesterday, we bought our new equipment and was wondering about any workouts or routines that would be helpful in maintaining my weight.

I started the year off at 240, which was after a trip to Vegas, so about 5 pounds of that was food. I now see 215 on a regular basis and after a walk, about 213. Within the next year I'd like to get back down to about the 180 range. I'm 5'9" and have always had a thin build. Once the kids and age come though, inactivity sets in and the blowups begin. Now that my sons are a bit older now, I've been getting a more active lifestyle again. I'm 34 and trying to get a better handle on my health as I'm not too fond of getting diabetes.

Naturally, most of the weight is in my stomach area.

any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Just keep doing what your doing, as far as the equipment you got, I hate to tell you man but those speed bags on a stand are ****, they're not steady enough and board is not heavy enough to have decent speed on the bag. Just get some good gloves and work yourself up to 6 to 8 rounds, once you lose more weight start doing sprints and skip. dont kill yourself eating too many burritos and drinking too many Tecates

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
      Just keep doing what your doing, as far as the equipment you got, I hate to tell you man but those speed bags on a stand are ****, they're not steady enough and board is not heavy enough to have decent speed on the bag. Just get some good gloves and work yourself up to 6 to 8 rounds, once you lose more weight start doing sprints and skip. dont kill yourself eating too many burritos and drinking too many Tecates
      I see what you mean by the bag not being steady enough. But, even after a couple of weeks, I find its better than nothing. I don't really do rounds though. Instead I just fire away for as long as I can without stopping, taking a 30 second break, if that, here and there for 30 minutes with regular gloves on, then another 30 minutes with just some weight lifting gloves. Immediately after an hour of hitting, I walk and jog for another hour.

Comment

Working...
      X