Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Kovalev's Tactics Change Your Opinion of Him as a Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Kovalev's Tactics Change Your Opinion of Him as a Fighter?

We saw a different side of Kovalev Saturday night. Before the fight he was a bad dude, a power punching real life Ivan Drago.

But when Ward bought the fight to him, Kovalev didn't react the way a warrior would normally respond:

1. He turned his back to Ward a few times to gain a breather

2. He put Ward in a headlock and held to avoid having to fight inside

3. He cried wolf about legitimate body shots for a few reasons:

A. To try to get Ward a warning and make him more reluctant to throw body shots

B. To get additional rest (at least he didn't spit out his mouthpiece)

C. To maybe get a DQ

Is this the way a true "Krusher" should behave when in the midst of a dogfight and faced with adversity?
    Changed A Lot
    31.25%
    Changed Somewhat
    50.00%
    Didn't Change at all
    15.63%
    He actually proved to be better than I thought
    3.13%

Most definitely. That and his whining and crying ever since the first fight.

Comment

Yes it did, his stubbornness is what shocked me most!

He is very very Stubborn and it cost him!

He's been dropped before and finished a fight so not sure what he did in the past to survive and come out on top!

He's a great outside range boxer with power but at close range his power is nothing!

Ward dismantling him will go down as one of the best performances in the last decade cuz Kov is a bad man and Ward made him look so much less than that!

Comment

Nope. I been saying hes overrated before the first fight and really was hyped by HBO for the PPVs.

Comment

Somewhat to me. He is still the 2nd best Lightheavy weight behind Ward. But his Stamina is an issue, and not having a left hook is a bigger issue. How he followed but didn't throw at all was baffling.

Comment

I am not surprised. Kov had never been in this position-down/even on the cards, hurt, and in with someone he wasn't able to intimidate.

when you fight the best guys in the sport they are going to both do things you haven't seen and have the ability to take away things you are very good at. What do you do as a fighter if that happens?

Kov was tired, hurt, frustrated, angry and couldn't figure out what to do so he just bailed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Nope. I been saying hes overrated before the first fight and really was hyped by HBO for the PPVs.
              I still believe he's an A- fighter, no doubt he will start krushing again soon.

Don't forget this was our perception of the guy in November 2014:

Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-22-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

There was one thread asking who deserves the title of "Baddest Man on the Planet". And the overwhelming answer was Kovalev (and rightfully so at the time). I'm not criticizing these posters.

But when faced with adversity, the "baddest man on the planet" folded. Can you imagine what Mike Tyson would have done had somebody hit him with a low blow? Immediate retaliation. He would never back down from a dog fight.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Kovolev...
                Originally posted by Calculating... View Post
                GGG is too nice

Kovalev ftw
                Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                KOvalev dude is a beast

Ward vs KOvalev for p4p crown
                Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                Kovalev. That dude is cold as ice,and he goes out of his way to bring the pain.
                Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                Kovalev............
                Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                GGG, Fury, Kovalev, or Singh.
                Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
                Yup Kovalev is badder then GGG. Kovalev ain't there for a big drama show, he's there to do serious damage.
                Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                Kovalev gives off that "as$hole" vibe though many like him since he backs it up by being dominant. I'd give it to him.
                Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Kovalev.......
                Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                KOvalev. true badass

Comment

Well he's definitely not a get baddest man on the planet.

Comment

Vast majority of what you wrote is complete horse****. Only thing that was proven about Kovalev was that his stamina issues are real and he's not used to high levels of inside fighting.

Ward was outclassing him after the 3rd round and looked very impressive doing so.

That doesn't mean you should excuse his low blows or make up some bull**** storylines about Kovalev. Kovalev admitted Ward was better that night, and that Weeks fuked up. That's about as 100% honest and truthful as you'll ever see.

Comment

Working...
                    X