Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey kovalev life saved by referee? | fight on the verge of tragedy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good video. The more time that goes by the more I think the stoppage was just decent. Not a fan of the low blows at all but after that right hand, Kovalev was done, period.
    Last edited by Sup; 06-22-2017, 02:05 AM.

Comment

He was tired and rocked by that right hand but its like you guys have never seen a fighter pull through adversity before.

90% chance he was done but these guys deserve every chance

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        He was tired and rocked by that right hand but its like you guys have never seen a fighter pull through adversity before.

90% chance he was done but these guys deserve every chance

He showed the inability to tie Ward up which is absolutely crucial for a comeback and is probably the staple of the majority of comebacks. That is what made him defenseless. Paulie brought it up during Ward's onslaught, he kept on wringing his arms to break free over and over again, allowing him to tee off on Kov.

If Kov was able to tie him up things would've been different, then I'd agree.

Comment

The problem with people who don't know shit about boxing is, they only see punches that do damages to the head, the fact is punches to the body almost the same if not more damages to a boxer.

Kovalev in my opinion didn't want to be in there anymore, but i still think the ref should have given him a standing count. And ask him if he wanted to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
            Honestly, anyone who thinks this was an early stoppage needs to learn better judgement. I'm glad none of these people are actual referees, we'd definitely have a lot more casualties within a boxing ring.
            Excellent post!! It's about time the ABCs funded some proper research into exactly how many nut punches it takes to kill a man. Until such time as Refs have accurate and complete information to work with we can't blame them for erring on the side of caution when deciding how many sac shots to allow.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
              That was a well made video.
              Yes good compilation of footage from different fights which shows how brutal our sport can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                I said the same thing, Kovalev was going to lose the fight anyways, Weeks actually did him a favor and extended his career.

Kov's fans fail to understand his stamina was completely GONE. Ward was nailing him with a ton of shots. Kov was completely unable to hold onto Ward, there was NO stopping Ward's attack. He was unable to defend himself, unable to generate any offense.

It was barely the 8th round with 40 secs to go, Ward would've mauled him the rest of the match.
                "kov fans fail to understand......"

ehhhh...i think they understand .....they still(and never will be able to) cant believe featherfisted ward, who wasnt supposed to show up to either fight, beat kovalev up.....thats all....in their heart of hearts they know it was right....but they just cant fathom how ward beat kovalev up

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                  Honestly, anyone who thinks this was an early stoppage needs to learn better judgement. I'm glad none of these people are actual referees, we'd definitely have a lot more casualties within a boxing ring.
                  The stoppage wasn't early, if it was caused by legit punches, but since it was caused by fouls, the right thing to do would have been to give Kovalev a 5 min break and deducted a point from Ward. Weeks dropped the ball and that's the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    The stoppage wasn't early, if it was caused by legit punches, but since it was caused by fouls, the right thing to do would have been to give Kovalev a 5 min break and deducted a point from Ward. Weeks dropped the ball and that's the bottom line.

Haha sorry I couldn't resist

But Nah the bottom line is....

COS TONY MONTANA SAID SO!!!!!

haha

Comment

LOL! Internet tuff guys!

Lets see how tuff you all are after taking at least three shouts to the groin!

Comment

Working...
                      X