Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Beating Brook Makes Me Number '1' at The Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman got a Porter and Garcia win and Spence has a Brook. He needs one more name so he can be #1 at that weight

Comment

He needs to beat the unleashed from the cage edition of Algieri first!

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
        Dear Errol, I am a fan for sure. Proud of your recent achievement, but Thurman is #1. You have to beat the man, to be the man. I believe Keith has your number too
        Thurman won't survive his body punching. And he is 3 inches taller than him, and spence.also has the reach advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yep, Manny could have kept himself relevant but he perpetually remains Arum's puppet and the Horn thing really hurt his standing.

I also consider Brook better than either Porter or Garcia, but not better than both of them combined. But, I think you and I are on the same page on this one.

fair call there

he beat 2 top guys with completely different styles

while not being a huge Thurman fan, I like the way he rolls..... and he is a student of the game

he is intelligent, knowledgeable, and honest

I'm sure that fight will happen

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Thurman got a Porter and Garcia win and Spence has a Brook. He needs one more name so he can be #1 at that weight

nah, he needs to beat Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
              Thurman won't survive his body punching. And he is 3 inches taller than him, and spence.also has the reach advantage.
              Thurman don't want that bodywork.

Spence got that Bondo for his ass.

Comment

I'm a fan, Errol, but you have to fight Thurman to determine who is truly #1 at the weight.

Comment

Spence might be #1 at WW simply because the division is weak. Spence is a great young fighter and deserves respect for taking the title in Brook's hometown. But there were always questions about Brook. His big win was against Porter. I like Shaun but he's a 1 dimensional fighter, always rushing in and smothering his own offence.
                  As for "One Time", as he fought better guys the one time label really faded, now it refers to how many times he fights a year. Garcia was a good 140 pound fighter, but just ordinary as a welter.
                  Boxing writers have to sell the fights but it would be refreshing to hear"..geez the WW division has gone to the dogs lately". lol
                  Last edited by ruedboy; 05-29-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

The simple way to answer this question is, "If you had to pick one WW to win a fight against anybody in the weight class, who would it be?"

The answer is clearly Spence. He's the betting favorite on every fight at 147 and below for the foreseeable future. It'll be that way until he moves up. Even when Crawford joins the party.

Some can point to Brook's early success with clinching and imposing strength on Spence, but that was possible because Brook is strong as **** lol and that was only good enough to buy him time; not win. (fight was even through 6 or had spence ahead on two cards) No other fighter 147 or below has the style or size of Brook.

Comment

Thurman is still the man to beat. Pacquiao is becoming irrelevant in the division but he is still to be reckoned with. Spence called both of them out so he must think the same thing.

I think Thurman would be a good competitive fight. I seriously doubt he gets to face Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X