No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko: I Knew I Needed a Knockout To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko: I Knew I Needed a Knockout To Win

Berlin - Britain's Tyson Fury was crowned the new world heavyweight champion on Saturday after a unanimous points win over Wladimir Klitschko, who suffered his first defeat in eleven years.

The 27-year-old Fury was awarded the fight in Duesseldorf 115-112, 115-112 and 116-111 by the judges to take Klitschko's WBA, IBF, IBO and WBO belts as the Ukrainian suffered his first defeat since 2004.

The new champion celebrate his victory by signing Aerosmith's "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn't see this one coming. That's why you got to love boxing.

Comment

wlad took it as a real champ. no shame. he was beaten by a better man tonight. he will carry on, but I dont see him beating fury.

Comment

Couldn't see Tyson winning on points and the judges got this one right for a change ......well done big man.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          Didn't see this one coming. That's why you got to love boxing.
          i did i hate to brag about predictions but i feel dam good about this one. WAR FURY. Its crazy to we all been talking about whose gonna take over the sport after mayweather ggg, spence. thurman, krusher, ward etc etc and if we are being honest its fury. When u watch him fight ur thinking this guy aint special at all and hes never going to be number 1 p4p but as far as who is the biggest star in boxing it very well could end up being fury if he wins few more fights its crazy

Fury beating wlad is huge for boxing wlad was a great champion but their reign had to die now we can have fury vs wilder and fury vs joshua etc etc this is a great day for boxing.

Comment

Props to Wlad.

Comment

Wladimir throughout his entire career had always problems with runners and stinkers. Ibragimov (no KO), Eddie Chambers (last second KO), David Haye (no KO).

Wlad will come back and KO Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                i did i hate to brag about predictions but i feel dam good about this one. WAR FURY. Its crazy to we all been talking about whose gonna take over the sport after mayweather ggg, spence. thurman, krusher, ward etc etc and if we are being honest its fury. When u watch him fight ur thinking this guy aint special at all and hes never going to be number 1 p4p but as far as who is the biggest star in boxing it very well could end up being fury if he wins few more fights its crazy

Fury beating wlad is huge for boxing wlad was a great champion but their reign had to die now we can have fury vs wilder and fury vs joshua etc etc this is a great day for boxing.
                Totally agree, War Cinci.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                  Wladimir throughout his entire career had always problems with runners and stinkers. Ibragimov (no KO), Eddie Chambers (last second KO), David Haye (no KO).

Wlad will come back and KO Fury.
                  Wlad IS a stinker. He refuses to fight on the inside, and clinches everytime his opponent gets close. I'm literally blown away that he's never lost a point for holding, as I don't think even John Ruiz clinched as much as Klitshcko does.

The problem for him tonight was that for once his opponent was able to land from distance, which completely nullified his gameplan of being the only one who can land from distance and never letting the opponent get off punches in close.

Fury might be sloppy and not nearly as polished, but he really showed how one dimensional Wlad's game plan has been, because even though he was getting outboxed from the outside, he still refused to even try to fight on the inside, although I'm confident that Fury would have outworked him there as well.
                  Last edited by superchamp; 11-28-2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

He wasn't far away in the 12th, but almost got KO'd himself in the 11th.

Last two rounds were entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X