Benn TKO/KO
    25.00%
    Froch PTS
    16.67%
    Benn PTS
    12.50%

Froch beats the dogs.hit out of Benn. Froch TKO 10 Benn

Comment

Benn was a dynamic, exciting fighter but went down and stayed down from a Michael Watson jab, and he just quit both times against Steve Collins. A thriller for sure but iron-willed Froch would have stopped him late.

Comment

Benn in beast mode stops Froch with relative ease.

Sure it could go both ways, but Benn was an animal and he would have cracked Froch's chin. Ask McClellan or Barkley what they thought about Benn's power, or even ask Eubank who beat him.

Froch doesnt hit that hard, he just likes to claim he does. His dig gets a bit over rated i've always thought.

Comment

This fight could go both ways. Froch does not like it really close in,he needs room to punch so hooker Benn if he could the fight to the inside could do some real damage. I think Froch would manage to keep the fight at range vand tag Benn a few times when he came in with his trademark right upper cut and squeak out a points win but there would be a good chance of a late round stoppage for either fighter.

Comment

I like Benn on points. His prime at super middleweight was probably between 1992 and the McClellan fight in 1995. But at this time he was a superbly conditioned and well polished 12 round fighter, his workrate was excellent and his handspeed and power were superior to Froch's.

Froch is a little open for hooks and I don't think he outworks Benn over the distance. As for Froch stopping Benn, well Eubank (at supermiddleweight) and McClellan couldn't do it, and lets face it McClellan hit him with everything including the kitchen sink......so i wouldn't expect Froch to do it either.

Comment

Benn cracks Froch's chin imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                I like Benn on points. His prime at super middleweight was probably between 1992 and the McClellan fight in 1995. But at this time he was a superbly conditioned and well polished 12 round fighter, his workrate was excellent and his handspeed and power were superior to Froch's.

Froch is a little open for hooks and I don't think he outworks Benn over the distance. As for Froch stopping Benn, well Eubank (at supermiddleweight) and McClellan couldn't do it, and lets face it McClellan hit him with everything including the kitchen sink......so i wouldn't expect Froch to do it either.
                it also helped when the ref continually jumped in front for no reason and stopped the action when benn was on queer street so mcclellan couldn't hit him. even worse reffing than ottke-reid.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  it also helped when the ref continually jumped in front for no reason and stopped the action when benn was on queer street so mcclellan couldn't hit him. even worse reffing than ottke-reid.
                  Hardly.

The ref in the Benn fight did Benn a favour in the first round granted but McClellan was still able to unload and most of his big shots missed. The rest of the time the fighters were allowed to fight.

Joe Cortez continually jumped in for no reason in Vegas, round after round until he saw Mayweather was comfortable after round 6 then inside fighting was all good apparenthy. Then funnily enough he allowed B-Hop to hang on all night on JC. That's genuine corrupt reffing.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 01-09-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Hardly.

The ref in the Benn fight did Benn a favour in the first round granted but McClellan was still able to unload and most of his big shots missed. The rest of the time the fighters were allowed to fight.

Joe Cortez continually jumped in for no reason in Vegas, round after round until he saw Mayweather was comfortable after round 6 then inside fighting was all good apparenthy. Then funnily enough he allowed B-Hop to hang on all night on JC. That's genuine corrupt reffing.
                    You couldn't resist to bring up the Mayweather-Fatton fight. "Oi the ref robbed the 'Itman 'Atton of a feckin victory 'e did."

Get over it mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X