Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr's weakness is the extended lead hand - stiff arm stance / style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
    What semantics and what excuse? All I've stated are FACTS! It's a fact that it was McGregor's debut bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. It's a fact that Floyd Mayweather Jr fought a bum in a 4 round contest during his own debut bout.

It doesn't matter if he wasn't an accountant. He wasn't a pro boxer at all, before he boxed against Floyd Mayweather jr. Whilst Floyd Mayweather Jr had amateur boxing experience prior to his professional boxing debut bout.

According to you, amateur boxing doesn't 'mean ****' but MMA / UFC experience does? Are you logically starved? So are you seriously implying that MMA / UFC prepares one for boxing more than amateur boxing does?

Also, what does 1st 'proper fight' even supposed to mean? What does a 'fight' even supposed to mean. Both MMA and boxing are sports and they are intrinsically different from each other. Ergo, McGregor's MMA experience means very little in relation to his boxing debut bout. It was definitely McGregor's 1st boxing bout.

You can speculate all you want about what would've happened had McGregor had more bouts. Maybe he would've been a Maidana or maybe he would've been greater than Mayweather. Who knows? Fact is, Mayweather faced McGregor who was debuting in a 12 round contest and lost the early rounds. Therefore, had that been a 4 round contest as it correctly could've been from McGregor's perspective since even a debuting Mayweather also had a 4 round bout himself, then McGregor would've clearly won. Perhaps Mayweather could've made adjustments and boxed differently if that was the case. However, Mayweather has no feats to suggest he can deal with an opponent using the style that McGregor used, based on his career and the main reason why he even defeated McGregor was because McGregor became tired due to lacking the conditioning for boxing.
    sigh......the only thing different from mcbeggars ''debut'' was the lack of kicking and other assorted street level shlt. if you want to convince yourself he was a fighting neophyte, have at it and leave me out of it.

i dont care how many paragraphs you type, mcbeggar was no ordinary novice.

have the last wordS.

Comment

I didn't claim that longer arms are all that was needed. Rather, it was a combination of having longer arms + using the style that Connor McGregor / Wladimir Klitschko use + being an elite boxer. Being the best of an era (which I agree with by the way) doesn't make Floyd Mayweather Jr immune to having bad stylistic match up problems.

Good that we can agree with the fact that McGregor won the early rounds. I understand that it was irrelevant by the context of the entire bout if we're just focusing on the outcome. However, if we focus on stylistic match up between the two in terms of the advantages and disadvantages which both boxer's styles pose, then it surely does have a lot of relevance. That was my point! In the early rounds, when stamina wasn't a factor, McGregor's style gave Mayweather many problems.

The thing that was impressive about McGregor was the fact that it was his debut bout against the best boxer of his generation and how he performed in that bout. Even though Mayweather may have been 41 years of age and may have been the smaller sized boxer. It was Connor McGregor's debut boxing bout. So Mayweather's disadvantages are neutralized by Connor McGregor's own disadvantages.

I personally think the idea behind this thread is good because it is debatable. That's the whole point of having discussions.

If you think Mayweather can beat the type of boxer I proposed, then you're just as entitled to that opinion as I am to mine. However, if you are able to provide good enough arguments, then I can learn something and perhaps change my view.
      There's no argument to be made. Mayweather was fighting a joke of a fight against a UFC fighter. He didn't use half of his boxing skills. He was in zero danger. You honestly can't think he would fight the same way against an actual boxer. There was nothing impressive about what McGregor did. He had a little success, got tired, and had to be saved by the ref. This bad stylistic matchup didn't present itself in 49 other fights and when it did Mayweather did what he had to do.

If McGregor style was going so well why didn't he continue having success all the way until he got tired? Mayweather figured him out just like he would whoever this mythical boxer would be.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        There's no argument to be made. Mayweather was fighting a joke of a fight against a UFC fighter. He didn't use half of his boxing skills. He was in zero danger. You honestly can't think he would fight the same way against an actual boxer. There was nothing impressive about what McGregor did. He had a little success, got tired, and had to be saved by the ref. This bad stylistic matchup didn't present itself in 49 other fights and when it did Mayweather did what he had to do.

If McGregor style was going so well why didn't he continue having success all the way until he got tired? Mayweather figured him out just like he would whoever this mythical boxer would be.

Yes, there is an argument to be made because Floyd Mayweather Jr has never in his professional boxing career boxed against an opponent using the style which the likes of Lennox Lewis employ with an extended lead hand stance. Connor McGregor was the first opponent Mayweather faced using this style. So claiming 'no argument to be made because Mayweather could indisputably deal with such a style' is giving Mayweather credit for feats he never accomplished. In other words, it becomes 'fanboyism'.

How is it not impressive for Connor McGregor to be able to win more rounds during the first four rounds in his professional boxing debut match against Floyd Mayweather Jr, who is one of the best boxers of his generation? Especially when the same Floyd Mayweather Jr debuted with a 4 round bout himself against a bum, instead of an ATG.

I'm not even a Connor McGregor fan but to claim what he did against Floyd Mayweather Jr in his professional boxing debut as unimpressive is literally dismissive of actual special feats. Otherwise, how many other athletes from other sports or specifically combat sports debuted in professional boxing immediately in a 12 round bout against an ATG boxer and were ahead after the first 4 rounds? If you can't find any, then you must be forced to concede that what McGregor did was 'impressive' because it's an unmatched feat.

If we actually evaluate both McGregor and Mayweather by the same standard, McGregor beat Mayweather in his professional debut (was ahead on the score cards after 4 rounds) the same way Floyd Mayweather Jr himself beat his debut opponent in his 4 round match against Roberto Apodaca. Difference is, McGregor debuted immediately with a 12 round contest whilst Mayweather debuted with a 4 round contest.

Also, Mayweather's success ultimately came when McGregor became tired due to lack of conditioning for boxing. Connor McGregor was having success until fatigue became a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          sigh......the only thing different from mcbeggars ''debut'' was the lack of kicking and other assorted street level shlt. if you want to convince yourself he was a fighting neophyte, have at it and leave me out of it.

i dont care how many paragraphs you type, mcbeggar was no ordinary novice.

have the last wordS.

In relative terms (comparing Mayweather Jr's professional boxing debut to Connor McGregor's professional boxing debut), McGregor was more 'ordinary' and 'neophyte' if compared to Floyd Mayweather Jr when he made his professional boxing debut. Mayweather at least had amateur boxing experience prior to debuting in pro boxing. On the other hand, McGregor didn't have anywhere near the same preparation to prepare himself for pro boxing (unless you're seriously trying to imply that MMA prepares one for professional boxing more than amateur boxing does).

You probably know I'm correct and that you don't have much of a ground to stand on to support your argument. Thus conceding the argument altogether by stating 'have the last words'.

Comment

In relative terms (comparing Mayweather Jr's professional boxing debut to Connor McGregor's professional boxing debut), McGregor was more 'ordinary' and 'neophyte' if compared to Floyd Mayweather Jr when he made his professional boxing debut. Mayweather at least had amateur boxing experience prior to debuting in pro boxing. On the other hand, McGregor didn't have anywhere near the same preparation to prepare himself for pro boxing (unless you're seriously trying to imply that MMA prepares one for professional boxing more than amateur boxing does).

You probably know I'm correct and that you don't have much of a ground to stand on to support your argument. Thus conceding the argument altogether by stating 'have the last words'.

1st mma/ufc match 2008
            fought may 2017
            enough fncking experience to fight a non active 40 y/o. whoever picked mcb to win was a fool.

if the cvnt, whos been fighting for a decade, cant get his shlt together stamina wise, fnck him. he sparred with paulina and im sure he was in mcbeggars ear about how may do.

again, it wasnt a 4rd fight. can NEVER say mcbeggar ''won'' because he did work for 4 rds. it pains me to explain that may would have absolutely ended mcb if it were a 4rd fight. no question.

may, being the smartest non reader in the game, knew he had all night to tcb.....and he did.

i wanted you to have the last words ONLY BECAUSE i hate circular debates (aka yes/no sessions).

you are not dealing with a full deck if you think mcb stood a chance at beating may in any boxing scenario you conjure up.

so again, i will concede the last words to you, due to it going nowhere.

Comment

everyone knows Mayweathers weaknesses -

SMother him with a volume of punches...why? Because he is often too stationary and likes to take punches on his arms and shoulders, rather than making opponents miss like Ali or Whitaker. A fighter with that style always fears combination punchers with power, it's why he avoided the best combination punchers in and around his division, Pac, Marg, Cotto etc.

It is also why he struggled against DLH, Cotto (past prime), Castillo and funnily enough, the likes of Maidana and Judah.

Comment

1st mma/ufc match 2008
                fought may 2017
                enough fncking experience to fight a non active 40 y/o. whoever picked mcb to win was a fool.

if the cvnt, whos been fighting for a decade, cant get his shlt together stamina wise, fnck him. he sparred with paulina and im sure he was in mcbeggars ear about how may do.

again, it wasnt a 4rd fight. can NEVER say mcbeggar ''won'' because he did work for 4 rds. it pains me to explain that may would have absolutely ended mcb if it were a 4rd fight. no question.

may, being the smartest non reader in the game, knew he had all night to tcb.....and he did.

i wanted you to have the last words ONLY BECAUSE i hate circular debates (aka yes/no sessions).

you are not dealing with a full deck if you think mcb stood a chance at beating may in any boxing scenario you conjure up.

Gangbangz is like a ****roach. Annoying as hell and ain't going nowhere. Just when you think you've debunked whatever crazy idea he came up with he'll keep coming back with his BS.

Comment

1st mma/ufc match 2008
                  fought may 2017

Again, none of that is evidence that McGregor was more prepared for his professional boxing debut as much as Floyd Mayweather Jr was for his professional boxing debut (unless you're implying that MMA experience prepares one more for professional boxing than amateur boxing experience does).

40 year old Floyd Mayweather Jr was inactive for 2 years? Guess what? Connor McGregor was totally inactive from professional boxing altogether. As in, it was his debut. How difficult is that to understand? Are you seriously trying to argue that one of the best boxers of his era at the age of 40 with just 2 years of layoff is going to be at a bigger disadvantage than an MMA fighter making his professional boxing debut? if yes, feel free to explain how such is the case.

So no! McGregor didn't have enoug he experience to compete against Floyd Mayweather Jr. In fact, it is the opposite. It was Floyd Mayweather Jr who was more prepared to beat McGregor than vice versa. Since having first professional boxing bout ever in one's debut puts one at a bigger disadvantage than someone who is one of the best professional boxers of their era, with just 2 years layoff at age 40. That's because the latter still has experience whilst the former has 0 experience.

Also, I never claimed it was a 4 round bout. Instead, my argument was that McGregor did just as well, if not better in the first 4 rounds against Floyd Mayweather Jr (considering the circumstances) as Floyd Mayweather JR did in the first 4 rounds of his own debut match against Roberto Apocdaca. Since we get to judge Mayweather in his debut bout by a 4 round criteria. To be objective, I'm doing the same with Connor McGregor in his own debut bout.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                    Gangbangz is like a ****roach. Annoying as hell and ain't going nowhere. Just when you think you've debunked whatever crazy idea he came up with he'll keep coming back with his BS.
                    much ado about nothing.

he will argue water isnt a liquid. its a type of solid.

Comment

Working...
                    X