Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are u NOT a boxer (not amateur or pro) but HAVE sparred before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are u NOT a boxer (not amateur or pro) but HAVE sparred before?

Have u ever been in the gym and actually boxed someone before? We've had tons of guys over the years come through the gyms...they work out, they like boxing...they don't want to fight but they do like to get in there sometimes (with the right person, not trying to get killed) after having spent time learning some moves and punches.

Have you?

What up Scully... read the posts here,lol i would bet my life 80 percent have never stepped foot in a boxing gym and dont even know where their own local gym is.

Comment

Yup...used to spar at the YMCA with my bud. He was a pro...I was nowhere near his level of course but he brought things down to a safe level for me.
      Last edited by jaded; 04-28-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        What up Scully... read the posts here,lol i would bet my life 80 percent have never stepped foot in a boxing gym and dont even know where their own local gym is.
        Going to the gym and sparring a little doesn't make you the moral authority lol. It's basically the same as never having boxed at all. I don't get this attitude...it only seems to exist among combat sport fans. Fans of hockey don't have to prove to other fans that they go to the rink.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          It's basically the same as never having boxed at all.
          Wrong. There's a lot, a LOT, that separates a guy who makes judgements about boxers but hasn't ever actually participated vs someone who has gotten in there and sparred, and has gone back for more. When you've gone home with a busted nose, black eye, blood on your shirt and your opponents blood onyour glove, you so have some authority to talk about what it's like to be in there.
          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-28-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Golovkin (poster, not the fighter) has beaten the piss out of professional boxers that outweigh him by 40+ pounds in his hometown of Mexico City, Puerto Rico.

Comment

I think people who have boxed before might appreciate the sport more.

Comment

i love to spar never had a fight

sparring can me a lot of things though

some guys barely touch each other other times its worse than most pro fights

can mean anything really

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Wrong. There's a lot, a LOT, that separates a guy who makes judgements about boxers but hasn't ever actually participated vs someone who has gotten in there and sparred, and has gone back for more. When you've gone home with a busted nose, black eye, blood on your shirt and your opponents blood onyour glove, you so have some authority to talk about what it's like to be in there.
                  To certain degree...but sparring is sparring and fighting is fighting. The level of sparring also matters...and I'm sure some of the high and mighty "i go to the gym" guys around here are complete novices.

Comment

Havent sparred in a gym but have put on gloves just to mess around with ppl alot of times.

Comment

Working...
                    X