Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a bodybuilder give you an advantage for fighting ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifting weights can obviously help, but there reaches a point where anymore muscle is actually detrimental to your fighting ability. You have to have balance.

Comment

I'd be more afraid of a guy who does heavy lifting for a living than I would a bodybuilder. The guy who is lifting and moving in a more natural way just seems like he'd actually be stronger than the guy who follows a "tonight, I work on shoulders, tomorrow- legs" regimen.

Comment

In a street fight, a body builder vs an avg Joe, I'll take the body builder but if we talkin' a trained fighter vs a body builder, then obviously the fighter takes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
          you are missing what im saying..if the person has fight training lifting weights can only add to his strength and help him..lifting weights will not make you less of a fighter.i am not saying just lifting weights makes you tough
          Im serious bro...it really all depends on the size. They got a size thats called..."Big for nothing" Ive seen this so many times. Lifting weights can approve some strength but delivering that punch is another thing. Big reason why weigh training is kept to a minimum in the gym. And we are talking about body builders here. Big difference. Advantage< disadvantaged even if he has some fight in him compared to a smaller guy that has fight in him as well. Id bet it all on the smaller guy! Stamina would merk big boys ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Richardson View Post
            if you know how to fight it helps...
            Exactly this.

If he knows how to fight, you're in trouble.

Comment

nope, if you mean proper built up bodybuilder and not a begginner which would be more fluid, he might be strong and his head might not go anywhere when you land a bomb on'em, but you'll more than likely have a huuuge advantage in speed and could get 5 flush bombs on his chin before he can get off two and by then he'll just be reeling to the ground, bodybuilders severly lack in explosiveness, in other words, they punch like *****es, they can pull your head and make you look like a fool, but you'll punch alot harder than them and they find it extremely difficult to let short punches go because again, they lack explosivness, they can't snap for sht

have any of you ever seen bodybuilders fight? it's honestly one of the most embarrasing sights you can witness and it shames the rest of us fellow men

Comment

Average joes fighting

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Exactly this.

If he knows how to fight, you're in trouble.
                  If the normal sized guy knows how to fight...hes in trouble!

Comment

Having muscle definitely keeps hotheads quiet. It doesn't mean you can fight but it shows you have dedication to train and have some tools to use if a fight happens.

Comment

I've sparred with a few body builders on a brief foray into MMA training. It didn't help them.

That said, I have a friend who's a body builder. He's had quite a few street fights and in all of them only one man has ever still been standing after the first punch connected. He was out after the second.

I guess it depends on who's doing the bodybuilding.

Comment

Working...
                      X