No announcement yet.

Hopkins-Calzaghe - who won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
    Personally, I thought Hopkins controlled Calzaghe for most parts of their fight. Calzaghe came on late but if boxing is scored on clean punching and effective aggression, Hopkins didn't lose that fight. I also felt he made Calzaghe look terrible at times. Who did you have winning?
    You have it exactly right. Except.....that the names need to be reversed. Are you some sort of prime example of a mental block??? Calzaghe made an absolute fool of that grunting, puffing, wincing, groaning, floundering geezer. he was having fun, laughing at Hopkins.It was more of a farce than a fight.

Comment

I had it 6-5 with 1 even for bhop, but thats cause Im bias towards hopkins. I had ZERO issues with the decision. calzaghe is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
        Agreed on the second point, it's the saddest reasoning I've ever heard in my life. I wonder how people with such limited mental capacity can function in everyday life.
        They don't, which is why the Social Welfare budget is so high.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Whoever the judges decide is the winner is the winner. Dont matter what BH fans or JC fans say.

If you cant accept the decision of the judges well boxing has no future.
          Says the guy who b1tches and moans about Floyd-JLC

please stfu

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            I had it 6-5 with 1 even for bhop, but thats cause Im bias towards hopkins. I had ZERO issues with the decision. calzaghe is the man!
            Learn from this man

Comment

Agreed on the second point, it's the saddest reasoning I've ever heard in my life. I wonder how people with such limited mental capacity can function in everyday life.
              So you're saying that in a close fight you shouldn't use all evidence available to you, including the corners who are RINGSIDE who have a UNIQUE perspective of the fight, which cannot always be reproduced faithfully by cameras in the eventual images that are transmitted to our tv screens.

Enzo was ringside, he saw with his own eyes that Hopkins had the fight in the bag and Joe required a KO to win. You can bet he was one of the most shocked after the verdict.

Comment

The only skills Hop has better than anyone are faking injury, throwing low blows and just generally fighting dirty. His fights against Joe, RJJ2 and Dawson are an absolute disgrace to the sport. How anyone can support such a dirty cheating "fighter" (in quotes cause fighting is that last thing he does) is beyond me. Look how many times he faked injury against Joe and RJJ. If he had any belief in his fighting abilities he wouldn't rely on conning the ref/judges to secure victory.

Obviously Joe's dad will tell him to go for the ko cause the world knows what happens when you fight someone in their back yard. You wouldn't have seen this from Enzo in the past cause Joe never had any close fights, and they were all in Europe anyways so he never had to worry about a hometown robbery.

Much obliged.
                This is the truth. As well as all the dirty fighting you add in his racially motivated mouth ****s.

His performance in the 2nd Pascal fight was decent but Pascal suited him (Pascals work rate was shocking, they should have been checking he still had a pulse in the corner).

However it took him 1 round against Dawson to realise his old legs ain't keeping up so when Dawson tossed him (after b-hop was up to his usual dirty tricks) it was the perfect chance of 1 last pay day. It was blatant and obvious he was faking it.

The fact the WBC overturned the TKO defeat still p*sses me off. They had to state Dawson fouled intentionally to score it an NC! Hopkins was just doing his usual of backing off then jumping in with the straight right hand and what he does if he doesn't time it is then he jumps forward to close any space and throws the hand over your back. Dawson stood his ground so Hopkins ended up on top of him and tossed him. HOF boxing for sure (sarcasm). I don't care how old you are. If your willing to cash the cheque for a fight you should get no concessions but Hopkins clearly did and does!

How people can just ignore this is beyond me. The guy is a cheating dirty c*nt!

Comment

calzaghe won, just add a poll

Comment

its funnt how nobody can make a case for WHY calzage won, just stating he clearly won (which is absurd) or going on about how hopkins is a racist, injury faking douchebag. which might be true but doesnt change the outcome of his fights.

truth be told in most cases they think joe won bcuz they want him to, simple as that. the others i guess dont know how to score a fight. kind of like PBF-DLH, alot of mainstream fans thought DLH won just bcuz he was coming forward and throwing alot, but that doesnt mean **** if you aint effective in that aggression which neither of them was.

on top of that the punches they miss scores points for their oponent on defense, these ppl dont know that though and dont give hopkins/floyd credit. instead they do the oposite and give credit to joe/DLH for "trying to make the fight", and althought that might be tempting thats not how the rules work. defense is a criteria, aggression only matters if you are effective which calzaghe clearly wasnt.

hopkins on the other hand landed clean, effective punches and hurt calzaghe several times. but the commentators didnt say anything so it didnt happen, its easier to see those flailing missing "punches" from joe than it is to see the short, crisp accurate shots from hopkins. there were times when hopkins wobbled calzaghe or had him stiffed up from head to toe from a bodyshot and the hbo crew didnt say ****. as a result ppl dont recognize it.

calzaghe won 5 rounds at best, thats giving him every round he came close to winning and hopkins still beats him by 3 points.

Comment

I thought Hopkins edged it out but the majority had Calzaghe the winner and i can't disagree with them.

Tough ugly fight to score.

Comment

Working...
                      X