Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could spend a weekend with any ATG in history living/nonliving?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could spend a weekend with any ATG in history living/nonliving?!

That ATG would show you the ropes from dawn to dusk, literally! Not to mention, you'd have a few beers and party with him/her(Laila Ali perhaps?) at night!! Who would it be? If there was a language barrier, you could have an interpreter as well...

Well, mine would be Tyson easy as I had grown up idolizing him and he had gotten me interested in the sport. Besides, he has such a vast knowledge of the history and also likes to play video games

Young Elizabeth Taylor!

No really, Joe Louis right after he beat Schmeling.

Comment

sugar ray robinson around the mid to late 1940s perhaps. since i'm from chicago, it'd be cool to see him around the time where he captured the middleweight title twice here against fullmer and basilio in their rematches.

Comment

Sonny Liston.

I got some questions for that fella.

But if he gave me that look I think I'd backtrack and go with my personal Joe Frazier.

I know there's a lot to Sonny that no-one knows to this day, but the man stuffed a cop in a trash can. It's sorta like how you can know a spider isn't going to harm you but you still freak the **** out when it crawls over your hand.

EDIT: lol east-side seems to be censored... Problematic for posting pictures from the boxing site
        Last edited by Capaedia; 09-02-2011, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Marvin Hagler definitely.

Jersey Joe Walcott

Tex Cobb

I think McGoorty's answer is Darcy, just a hunch though.

Comment

LOL this was a pretty easy question

Living - Bernard Hopkins

Dead - Edwin Valero(yes I know he isn't an ATG)
            Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 09-02-2011, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Dead: Joe Louis, Salvador Sanchez

Living:Mike Tyson, Juan Manuel Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                I think McGoorty's answer is Darcy, just a hunch though.
                What could possibly have given you that idea?

Comment

Ray Robinson just to see him in person and see just how good he was and see him spar and fight people and be able to say that I saw Sugar Ray Robinson in his prime at 147 beat the **** out of people and then say that we got drunk as hell and hung out with beautiful broads and just chilled.

I would love that, I would tell everybody I ever met about that.

Comment

Jack Dempsey

He had nearly 500 pickup fights in bars and saloons in Utah, Colorado, Nevada, and CA. He worked the coal and copper mines and rode the freight trains. What stories he could tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X