Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new Job? Got any suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Looking for a new Job? Got any suggestions?

I'm 20 and have been working at a retail store for the past 2 years, and I'm about ready to tip on out. So far I've revised my resume & applied at my college for jobs, but other than that and another job that I can't apply for until I'm 21, I'm out of ideas. Anyone have suggestions about jobs that are available for a person in my situation in the United States?

Any military branch

Comment

What's your schedule like?

I quit retail to do the banking thing. Now I'm bored out of my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post

be glad u have a job ungrateful prick.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post

Flexible. I typically schedule my college hours between 10-3. I heard there are jobs in the banking field, specifically bank of America. Can you tell me what positions are available for someone my age and with my experience, what skills the banks are looking for on resumes & interviews & what's the starting pay?

Comment

Originally posted by baddest View Post
            Flexible. I typically schedule my college hours between 10-3. I heard there are jobs in the banking field, specifically bank of America. Can you tell me what positions are available for someone my age and with my experience, what skills the banks are looking for on resumes & interviews & what's the starting pay?
            What is your Major?
            the reason I ask is that you should apply to jobs in the field youre studying, show that you are interested in following the direction of your studies and site your retail job as proof of your employee consistency.
            whatever you do, DO NOT QUIT BEFORE YOU HAVE SOMETHING LINED UP!

Comment

Originally posted by baddest View Post
              For banks, most won't give you anything more than part time teller status regardless of your position.

I hear Wells Fargo and BofA both have part time part time personal banking positions, but given the amount of stress those jobs entail, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

As far as working for either, your resume doesn't need to be too impressive. I think they base your eligibility more off of how you do on their exam. basically, you won't be interviewed if you don't do well. The exam is basic math, and vocabulary. For an interview, prepare to give lots of examples as most of the questions they ask will begin with "Tell about about a time. . ."

Comment

Originally posted by Bonghole Jr View Post
                be glad u have a job ungrateful prick.
                I'm glad I'm employed, but that isn't synonymous with enjoyment.

Comment

What about KFC !!!!

Comment

mcdonalds/?//

Comment

Working...
                    X