No announcement yet.

Is Sven Ottke an All Time Great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ottke was a pure beast.

Calzaghe and any fighter at 168 or 175 was lucky he retired.

Comment

Guy had an epic chin...

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
        How is this ironic?
        Because I was trying to prove a point in another thread and I brought him up !!

Comment

He wanted no part of Calzaghe.
          I thought his style was ****.
          He lost (imo) a number of times.

he was probably the luckiest fighter to have ever lived.

Comment

He was an ok fighter but he got a lot of gift decisions.

Comment

Sven Ottke > Glen Johnson > Roy Jones > Virgil Hill > Drake Thadzi > James Toney > Michael Nunn > Donald Curry > Milton McCrory > Luis Santana > Terry Norris > Buster Drayton > Davey Moore > Wilfred Benitez > Roberto Duran > Iran Barkley > Thomas Hearns > Pipino Cuevas > Billy Backus > Jose Napoles > Emile Griffith > Dick Tiger > Jose Torres > Don Fullmer > Joey Archer > Sugar Ray Robinson.

GOAT.

But in all seriousness, no. He received quite a few gift decisions and only fought once outside of Germany early in his career.

Comment

Why didnt he ever fight anyone if importance Jones jr.. Toney.. Hopkins Calzaghe? Sound good heard he got a lot of gifts not a lot bu a few.. i dont know the fact that he isnt as known as some keeps him out for me.. Even people knwo this Joe Calzaghe dude~

Comment

I voted yes as a joke

Comment

I actually got a copy of his fight with Glen Johnson on Monday. He beat Johnson way more decisively than Dawson or Woods had. If you haven't seen it you should get a copy of the bout. A frustrated Johnson tries to do his own Emanuel Augustus impersonation Other than this fight and the Mundine fight I haven't seen a lot of Ottke. I got the fight from www.boxingcraze.com

Comment

I actually got a copy of his fight with Glen Johnson on Monday. He beat Johnson way more decisively than Dawson or Woods had. If you haven't seen it you should get a copy of the bout. A frustrated Johnson tries to do his own Emanuel Augustus impersonation Other than this fight and the Mundine fight I haven't seen a lot of Ottke.
                      There's obviously some good performances against good boxers on his resume, reguardless of wether those boxers appeared on the US radar.

Ottke at his pomp was very good, but if you can get hold of the Reid fight you can see why his record is tarnished.

his conservative management are the reason he's nto considered great, the only promoters worse than Warren in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X