Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11444022

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
      What else could be out there? the possibilities are infinite, yet startling. The universe may never end and there may be millions of other places with life that we will never know about. It's impossible to think that we are the only life out there.
      If you do enough research you will stumble across interesting theories, especially clips on youtube from special broadcasts on such things (bbc, history channel and so on).

Statistically, it's almost impossible for there to NOT to be other life out there. Who knows though? If I had to guess, I wager that there is...or was. I doubt we will confirm it in our lifetimes, though.

Comment

It's hard to think with the countless solar systems out there and the countless planets in those solar systems there isn't some sort of life out there.

The problem is, they are millions of light years away and the thought of traveling there or someone or something traveling here is highly unlikely.

Who gives a ****, we have enough problems of our own we need to fix here on earth.

Comment

Giving the fact that there's more stars in the univers than there's sandcorns in all of the world I think it's extremely likely that there is. But giving that our planet belongs to a small and insignificant star it's unlikely anyone knows about us.

Comment

The universe is around 14 billion years old. Radio transmission was first invented on earth about 130 years ago. It's estimated (according to Hawking's new book) that for a planet to be capable of sustaining life the universe must be at least 10 billion years old... So we have a range of about 4 billion years in which life could have developed. If intelligent life capable of sending and detecting radio transmissions emerged just a billion years ago that still makes our puny history as space communicators an extremely tiny target in the dimension of time. There has been enough time for civilisations to rise and fall long before we had the capability of detecting radio waves from space.

That's the thing, when you're talking about something as vast as the universe you have to consider our place in history as well as our place in the three spatial dimensions.

Comment

With me here yallz safe, i knock dem aliens back to hell where they came from, like I did to my MMA opponents. King kimbo slice is takin ovah!

Comment

Originally posted by KimboSlice View Post
                With me here yallz safe, i knock dem aliens back to hell where they came from, like I did to my MMA opponents. King kimbo slice is takin ovah!
                What if we get invaded by a race of fruity Americans with dyed hair?

[IMG]http://ist1-4.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/k/U/g/X/kUgX/Seth-Petruzelli.jpg[/IMG]

You're going to be of fuck all use.

Comment

Working...
                X