No announcement yet.

How did u score Hagler-Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did u score Hagler-Leonard?

i had it 117-111 for leonard. i dont see how people had it so close... no way hagler won it.

how did u guys score it?

117-111 is just silly and wrong.

Marvin Hagler and his most loyal of fanboys have still yet to come up with a convincing argument as to how he won that fight convincingly however.

They have made claims of robbery despite the fact that in a robbery there must be a clear decisive winner who is jobbed out of a clear deserved victory.

for Hagler to have been robbed,He must have won by atleast 116-112 and anyone who scored the fight in that way for Hagler is a liar and a scam who hasn't even seen the fight.

The typical pathetic argument Hagler loyalists use is that all Leonard did throughout the entire twelve rounds is lurry during the last thirty seconds

That's right folks Hagler clearly dominated the first five rounds and Leonard just stole them ecause he threw some flurries.

As I seem to remember those pitty pat ineffective flurries actually had the iron chinned Hagler backing off of Leonard.

In an unbiased impartial review of the fight,It was an extremely close,competitive fight which Leonard deserved due to his early lead.

Although such arguments for a draw are fair as it just was that close.

The ironic thing is,That this fight was never supposed to go the decision in the first place,It was never supposed to be competitive and it was never supposed to be close,It was Leonards final beatdown by the indestructible Marvin Hagler,No one gave Leonard a chance and he not only lasted the distance but won the decision.

It must have been a painfull pill to swallow for Hagler to lose to a washed up,inactive blown up welterweight,That hurts his legacy like hell,He knows it and so does his apologist fans and thats why they continue to discredit Leonard

The end.

Comment

Leonard-Hagler

Leonard: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 11
      Hagler: 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12.
      Final: 114-114

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
        i had it 117-111 for leonard. i dont see how people had it so close... no way hagler won it.

how did u guys score it?
        i had it 117-111 Leonard

Comment

I had it 115-113 Hagler. some people overlook his bodyshots or simply dont think they count as much as headshots, but I score them pretty highly if they appear effective. Hagler was smacking Leonard's body pretty hard, and it showed up later in the fight.

overall I just thought that Leonard's shots had little effect on Hagler, while Halger's punches were stronger, cleaner and were doing more damage. at least in the rounds he won.

close fight though, could have gone either way, no robbery. Hagler did start pretty late.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            I had it 115-113 Hagler. some people overlook his bodyshots or simply dont think they count as much as headshots, but I score them pretty highly if they appear effective. Hagler was smacking Leonard's body pretty hard, and it showed up later in the fight.

overall I just thought that Leonard's shots had little effect on Hagler, while Halger's punches were stronger, cleaner and were doing more damage. at least in the rounds he won.

close fight though, could have gone either way, no robbery. Hagler did start pretty late.
            if fights was to be scored on how much effect a fighters punches have on an opponent then Hector Camacho Sr. and Paulie Malignaggi would have never won a single fight in their careers... anyone who watches Leonard v Hagler and says `Hagler won that fight`know nothing about the sport of boxing, it was a clear victory for Leonard, no matter what your scorecard reads at the end of the fight, it has to be a clear victory for Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

I had it the same. My biggest problem with the decision is that Leonard stole so many rounds in the first and last 20 seconds of rounds. I can't give a round to a guy who wins 40 seconds of that round and spends the other 1:50 getting beaten. Leonard even admits that's what he was doing. Hagler gave away too many early early rounds showing too much respect to Leonard to claim robbery, but that 118-110 scorecard was disgusting and that's the source of screams for robbery.

Comment

117-111 is just ignorant, proves you know jack **** about scoring a fight and shouldnt be taken seriously. i had it 115-114 hagler, 6-5-1 in rounds. i feel hagler deserved it cuz im a fan of pure boxers, so if i have the aggressor over the boxer, u know the aggressor earned it. end of the day u have to beat the champion clearly to take his crown, especially a great champion like hagler. which leonard did not do, the real robbery was that he didnt give hagler a rematch though. he really did in every way steal the titles away from hagler, didnt really win or earn them imo.

Comment

Im a Leonard fans and i think he won a close but clear decision but your card of 117-111 for leonard is waay to over the top.

Comment

hagler got robbed i had hagler winning every round,i scored the fight 120 to108 ,hagler just dominated from start to finish leonard had 2 little spurts where he threw more than one punch at a time,hagler outpunched him threw more power connecting shots
                    Last edited by mrboxer; 09-14-2009, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X