Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is HBO trying to help Main Events overturn Tony Weeks decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
    Which fight did you watch where the ref didn't step in on a low blow?
    Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
    I dunno about other fans, what I saw is a fight where Kovalev wasn't given an opportunity to quit or take a knee or barely survive a round or get floored or anything.
    Weeks outlined what would be called legal before the fight based on the positioning of kovs trunks. The shots he got it with were right on the borderline. Yes, I thought one was a little low, but kov was bent over from legal shots.

He got into trouble and looked for a way out. Imo this was the worst acting since Broner tried to get out of the Maidana fight.

The man is a bully that didn't know what to do when he couldn't intimidate anymore. Imo he didn't want to get ktfo so he tried to act like he got hit egregiously low when he didn't.

If you feel differently, ok. I can respect that. I hope you can respect that what I saw a number of pro boxers interviewed also saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      questioning the stoppage is ok.....it was questionable...but

you didnt see kovalev complaining about it until they were taking his gloves off in the corner.....when he was sitting on the ropes with weeks he didnt say a peep

and ask yourself....ward up a round on 2 cards...bout to get a 10-8 round in the 8th....what was kovalev gonna do? besides either get stopped or be dug a hole his fading self had no chance out of?
      That's not what I said or meant. I was responding to the idea that only casuals question the stoppage. Kovalev was in trouble after that right hand. It was a competitive fight up to then. A low blow is a foul
      And those last two punches were clearly low.

Comment

This is all sour grapes on the part of HBO. It's just another futile attempt by them to rewrite history. The moral of this story is that Andre Ward is just the better overall fighter. He's the more versatile and flexible of the two who is tougher and can also make adjustments on the fly.

Kovalev on the other hand is just another bully/coward who is too stiff, robotic and static to ever compete against the likes of a fighter of Andre Ward's stature when the going gets tough and things don't go his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          Wtf does Trump have to do with this? Just stay in your own country and don't worry about ours.

I can't stand people making irrelevant statements.
          I can't stand people that quote casuals as a valid sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Why is HBO helping Main Events?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              I had Kov up 4 rounds to 3 going into the 8th. Ward had a strong 8th rounds and hurt Kov but not hurt to the point where the fight needed to be waved off. Especially given the low blow shots that landed right before Weeks waved it off.

People can say that Kov was doubled over and wasn't responding. How else was he suppose to react after getting uppercutted in/around the nutz with 3 consecutive shots?
              so none of the legal shots before he was on the ropes had nothing to do with him being slumped over n defeated? he was slumping over, over the legal shots in my sig. be honest with yourself man.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                so none of the legal shots before he was on the ropes had nothing to do with him being slumped over n defeated? he was slumping over, over the legal shots in my sig. be honest with yourself man.
                I dont know what fight you were watching, but what I saw was Kov on the ropes. Andre fires off a shot that lands low. Kov folds over as a result of the low shot. Andre then fires off 2 more low shots with one even hitting Kov on the B in Hublot which is without a doubt below the belt. Ref waves off fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  I dont know what fight you were watching, but what I saw was Kov on the ropes. Andre fires off a shot that lands low. Kov folds over as a result of the low shot. Andre then fires off 2 more low shots with one even hitting Kov on the B in Hublot which is without a doubt below the belt. Ref waves off fight.
                  that punch landed the jab to the body when he frist was on the ropes was legal according to tony weeks pre fight instructions, u cant deny what u see in my sig, but this proves what kind of people u are. what a sad fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
                    I can't stand people that quote casuals as a valid sources.
                    So you don't have an answer, everything in your empty head is that it's Trump people's fault right? Lol ****ing imbecile

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      that punch landed the jab to the body when he frist was on the ropes was legal according to tony weeks pre fight instructions, u cant deny what u see in my sig, but this proves what kind of people u are. what a sad fan base.
                      For the sake of Argument, Lets say the first punch wasn't low. Weeks had to have seen the one or 2 after that went low and hit Kovalev under the beltline. He was staring right at it. Why call off the fight rather then warn ward and give Kov time to recover?

Comment

Working...
                      X